Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer17 View Post
hi guys just checked on the new enforcer,,it is showing to be at my local terminal bad news don't think I can pick it up till monday but it is really close to coming to its new home. getting excited now cant wait much longer
Call and see if you can pick it up. Camp out at the gate. people do it for a damn IPhone lol
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 03-04-2017, 08:20 AM   #77

Quote:
hi guys just checked on the new enforcer,,it is showing to be at my local terminal bad news don't think I can pick it up till monday but it is really close to coming to its new home. getting excited now cant wait much longer
Sweet! Mine is in Omaha...should arrive at my terminal today. Too bad there are not open today. I already called them yesterday and asked if I could pick up on Saturday. Answer = no. Monday is okay...I still need to go buy a helmet. Going shopping today.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #78

I'm excited to hear about the enforcer. I almost ordered one but decided just to go with the Hawk. I ordered it on the 27th and APSC hasn't shipped it out yet :( I called and they just say it should ship out soon. I guess their shippers are not very competent.

I hope the enforcer turns out to be just as good as the hawk, although I'll be disappointed with not chosing the enforcer if it does turn out to have the counterbalanced engine.

I'll be watching this thread!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #79

If all goes good ..me or ski rush should be giving everyone so info on the enforcer come Monday, seems like the really big question is what motor does it have??? We are all hoping for the counter balanced motor I think ,,we will soon see. Oh and ski rush wait on the helmet, with all the uncertainties we have face so far hell we might still be getting the green enforcers LOL wont know till we open the box...unless you are going with universal black cant miss with that one.

Old 03-04-2017, 01:51 PM   #80

Waiting on the helmet until I opened the box would have the smart thing to do...I went and bought a red one today... I'm hoping the bike is also red...We will see. I can always exchange it if needed.

Old 03-04-2017, 05:21 PM   #81

I've already got a half dozen helmets I bet..but I'm thinking about a dual sport helmet for this bike, I think they look cool. are you getting stir crazy yet??? its like waiting for Christmas morning.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:22 PM   #82

Quote:
I've already got a half dozen helmets I bet..but I'm thinking about a dual sport helmet for this bike, I think they look cool. are you getting stir crazy yet??? its like waiting for Christmas morning.
Yes. I wish I could get it today. But, I need today and tomorrow to get the garage ready.

I did get a dual sport helmet. I agree, they look pretty cool.

Old 03-05-2017, 04:18 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski_rush View Post
Yes. I wish I could get it today. But, I need today and tomorrow to get the garage ready.

All right, the garage finally gets cleaned!
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 03-05-2017, 12:35 PM   #84

Quote:
If all goes good ..me or ski rush should be giving everyone so info on the enforcer come Monday, seems like the really big question is what motor does it have??? We are all hoping for the counter balanced motor I think ,,we will soon see. Oh and ski rush wait on the helmet, with all the uncertainties we have face so far hell we might still be getting the green enforcers LOL wont know till we open the box...unless you are going with universal black cant miss with that one.
I'd venture to guess that is has the same non-balanced CG 229 as the Hawk and tons of others. I didn't see the tell-tale bump in the pics I've seen so far. It will be good to confirm.
Really looking forward to you guys getting these!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-05-2017, 12:37 PM   #85

Quote:

....and they don't get you all claustrophobic like a regular full face. I can do a dual sport helmet and have three in the garage. I can't keep a regular full face on for more that mere seconds...

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-05-2017, 02:44 PM   #86

New bike procedures prior to starting and driving

Hello everyone, just a few quick questions. I'm trying to line up the last few things I need before hopefully getting the bike tomorrow.

First, it's a little weird not knowing exactly what will be in the box... For example, will the engine be more Bashan Brozz like (like Don said), or will it be more Hawk like. I've read on this forum that for Hawks, people change the oil immediately and the spark plug. I'm guessing the same is true for the Bashan engine too (if that's what it has). What spark plug do I get if it has a more Bashan like engine? Is it the same as the one for the hawk? Please confirm.

Second, I've read that 20w40 is the more preferred oil type, in this correct? When I go to the auto parts store, what should I ask for? How much oil does one oil change require?

I've read about the heat cycles and running it and letting it cool 3 times with very short runs. Then, changing the oil again. Do I just change it after all 3 cycles or after each cycle...Sorry for the silly question.

Last, besides the oil, spark plug, and heat cycles, is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!

Old 03-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #87

Quote:
Hello everyone, just a few quick questions. I'm trying to line up the last few things I need before hopefully getting the bike tomorrow.

First, it's a little weird not knowing exactly what will be in the box... For example, will the engine be more Bashan Brozz like (like Don said), or will it be more Hawk like. I've read on this forum that for Hawks, people change the oil immediately and the spark plug. I'm guessing the same is true for the Bashan engine too (if that's what it has). What spark plug do I get if it has a more Bashan like engine? Is it the same as the one for the hawk? Please confirm.

Second, I've read that 20w40 is the more preferred oil type, in this correct? When I go to the auto parts store, what should I ask for? How much oil does one oil change require?

I've read about the heat cycles and running it and letting it cool 3 times with very short runs. Then, changing the oil again. Do I just change it after all 3 cycles or after each cycle...Sorry for the silly question.

Last, besides the oil, spark plug, and heat cycles, is there anything else I'm missing?

Thanks!
The heat cycles are supposed to be: run it around the block, bring it home, and let it cool a while (like twenty minutes-just enough time to check the spoke tension). Then ride it a mile or two at normal city speeds, bring it home and let it cool for 15 minutes or so, "ping" the spokes to make sure they have not loosened up. Then ride it maybe five miles, and let it cool down a little, then 10 miles and repeat. Then change the oil. If the engine is the same as a Hawk, it will take a liter. Ping the spokes again, and if all is well, keep increasing the distance riding 3 or more times, higher speeds for short times, and change the oil again at 100 miles. Change the oil again at 500 miles, by which time the engine will be broken in....ARH

Old 03-05-2017, 07:21 PM   #88

Quote:

Thanks!
Don't use auto oils. They have friction modifiers that will ruin a clutch rather quickly. The best oil I have found for older designed engines and breaking in is Rotella T 15w-40. Whatever oil you choose, check the label on the back and make sure it doesn't make reference to resource-conserving or energy conserving.

Here's a few labels to help you understand what not to look for.

Old 03-05-2017, 07:23 PM   #89

[QUOTE=Ski_rush;245440]Hello everyone, just a few quick questions. I'm trying to line up the last few things I need before hopefully getting the bike tomorrow.

Thanks![/QUOTE
The first thing to do is change out the oil before you start the bike the first time. ben2go and ARH nailed it.

Old 03-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #90

change the oil asap ,if i remember correctly your up north so a lighter weight oil should be fine,two things on the oil make sure its for a motocycle,aka wet clutch i think they call it,also that it isnt again isnt synthetic.spark plug not a big deal right of the bat but would change eventually.ebay is the cheapest ipay about 3.50 for them.as for break in thats a debate.personally id take it easy on it no high revs for a while,others will disagree though.loc tite every inportant bolt on the bike,lube cables and front rear and swing arm bolt as well as steearing bolt in the triple tree.