Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2017, 05:07 PM   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
MSO=Manufacturer's Statement of Origin. MCO=Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin. Same thing worded differently. I would bet if you showed up with an MCO, Texas would accept it. Somebody else already sent you the link for rear sprockets.
Yeah my MSO for my Hawk 250 is on the way! Thanks for the clarification on MSO/MCO. And I believe you're right I'm sure they would aswell!

Old 02-06-2017, 05:10 PM   #377

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertz9753 View Post
jdogg=Azule or however he spells his username here. I'm also a dog and I can't spell but I can modify ruh ruh to a growl, bark or a happy squeal. I went 16/44 with my gearing because Bismarck is not flat.
I'm gonna keep the 15T (in case of chain break) also gonna put a 40T on rear for faster top end! I will sacrifice the low end, but eh, won't really be doing to much trail riding and if I do just swap it back out, and have an extra chain for the correct length! And keep the tires I have as backup for trails!

Old 02-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skurdy View Post
I'm gonna keep the 15T (in case of chain break) also gonna put a 40T on rear for faster top end! I will sacrifice the low end, but eh, won't really be doing to much trail riding and if I do just swap it back out, and have an extra chain for the correct length! And keep the tires I have as backup for trails!
The 40 tooth will still be good for off road too. I have the same combo and works great. You could always put a 16 or 17 tooth on front if you don't plan going off road.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 02-06-2017, 08:46 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
The 40 tooth will still be good for off road too. I have the same combo and works great. You could always put a 16 or 17 tooth on front if you don't plan going off road.
Hmmm. Do you think it would be better for top end? Ok I'm not gonna be a speed demon on this, I understand that, but I would like to achieve a decent amount of speed and I know I didn't pay for a racing enduro or anything, but I want 70mph to be achievable and cruise at it not for highway just for my liking is all. What do you think gear ratio would be best? Mr.JerryHawk250! our cops here In our area are pretty cool! Luckily!

Old 02-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #380

im running a 17/50 combo and cruise at half throttle at 55-60 so i would think the 17/40 should make 70 cruising about right. they are cheap so i would try the 17.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:15 AM   #381

Quote:
15/40 is a 2.66 final drive ratio. Stock is 3.33. I would think that 15/40 would work really well for your mainly on road uses. If you live west of Fort Worth, it might be too tall, going west from there. I once hauled 45,000 lbs of iron out that way, and my Double-Breasted Yamaha couldn't pull it in top gear. Had to run in ninth all the way to the escarpment over the border in New Mexico.

Last edited by Ariel Red Hunter; 02-07-2017 at 07:17 AM. Reason: corrected spelling

Old 02-07-2017, 07:29 AM   #382

Quote:
Hmmm. Do you think it would be better for top end? Ok I'm not gonna be a speed demon on this, I understand that, but I would like to achieve a decent amount of speed and I know I didn't pay for a racing enduro or anything, but I want 70mph to be achievable and cruise at it not for highway just for my liking is all. What do you think gear ratio would be best? Mr.JerryHawk250! our cops here In our area are pretty cool! Luckily!
Be gentle with this bike until you get it broken in. They start to come alive after 500 miles. When you put that 40 tooth on, better re-jet the carb right away. You will be running a lot above 3/4 throttle, if you want to stretch it out to 70 mph. And Wide open throttle combined with a tall gear ratio, and an over-lean carburetor is a recipe for disaster. Engine melt down type disaster.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #383

Quote:
Be gentle with this bike until you get it broken in. They start to come alive after 500 miles. When you put that 40 tooth on, better re-jet the carb right away. You will be running a lot above 3/4 throttle, if you want to stretch it out to 70 mph. And Wide open throttle combined with a tall gear ratio, and an over-lean carburetor is a recipe for disaster. Engine melt down type disaster.
I agree, Let it break in. I think you will like the 15/40 combo.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S (Sold)
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Last edited by JerryHawk250; 02-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Old 02-07-2017, 03:18 PM   #384

Hawk 250 Electrical

Hey yall,
I got my Hawk bout a week ago, all went well, until now i woke up went to start it and theres no power. The green neutral light doesnt come on, no head lights brakes etc nothing. Once I kick start it or use a screw driver to by pass the solenoid it starts right up with all lights working fine... Any ideas? I tried checking all the wires behind the headlight and buying a new battery.. Just kind of lost

Old 02-07-2017, 04:07 PM   #385

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonHTEXAS View Post
Hey yall,
I got my Hawk bout a week ago, all went well, until now i woke up went to start it and theres no power. The green neutral light doesnt come on, no head lights brakes etc nothing. Once I kick start it or use a screw driver to by pass the solenoid it starts right up with all lights working fine... Any ideas? I tried checking all the wires behind the headlight and buying a new battery.. Just kind of lost
I'm no expert on electrical systems, but I'm curious. Did the old battery hold a charge? Did you check the ground side connection of the battery to the frame? Do you have a multimeter? Why did you buy a new battery? That the lights come on once the engine is started is no surprise-the alternator is supplying the juice. So, when you turn the ignition key on and the neutral light doesn't come on, but when you jump the solenoid, and the engine cranks, do the lights come on BEFORE the engine starts? If this is the case, check every ground. Why? Because when you jump the solenoid, the sudden jolt of voltage can "Burn through" the resistance between poor grounds to the frame. Paint on the frame where the battery ground goes can cause a bad ground problem. Sincerely, ARH

Old 02-07-2017, 04:25 PM   #386

Ya while bypassing the solenoid in that split sec before it cranks up the green neutral comes on.. Can u point me in the direction of the ground? I don't see any wires around the battery going to the frame.. I bought a new battery and 12v battery charger assuming that was the issue but the old battery is fine.. thanks..

Update... It was just the glass fuse from the solenoid duh.. I had checked it and it looked fine but changed it anyway and all is good now.. Thanks for your help

Last edited by JonHTEXAS; 02-07-2017 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Update

Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #387

Quote:
Ok well here's a video of my carburetor(surprisingly it started up but had to give it gas or it died). And the video ended because my phone ran out of storage but that's what I wanted to show and idk how to work the carb so I'm showing you this video to show you my screw. Also all the noise is from 1. A loose bolt in the back for the passengers bar on the right side just 1 and the gas cap and my led wire box light, that's why but when I go above 10mph you can't hear it. Anyway here's the video

Last edited by Skurdy; 02-07-2017 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Link issues

Old 02-07-2017, 07:16 PM   #388

Quote:
15/40 is a 2.66 final drive ratio. Stock is 3.33. I would think that 15/40 would work really well for your mainly on road uses. If you live west of Fort Worth, it might be too tall, going west from there. I once hauled 45,000 lbs of iron out that way, and my Double-Breasted Yamaha couldn't pull it in top gear. Had to run in ninth all the way to the escarpment over the border in New Mexico.
Awesome thanks for the details just what I wanted to hear!! I'm located in Conroe, TX look it up for area that I'm in

Last edited by Skurdy; 02-07-2017 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Added location

Old 02-07-2017, 09:20 PM   #389

Quote:
Awesome thanks for the details just what I wanted to hear!! I'm located in Conroe, TX look it up for area that I'm in
Conroe, isn't that just north of Houston?

Old 02-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #390

Quote:
Ok well here's a video of my carburetor(surprisingly it started up but had to give it gas or it died). And the video ended because my phone ran out of storage but that's what I wanted to show and idk how to work the carb so I'm showing you this video to show you my screw. Also all the noise is from 1. A loose bolt in the back for the passengers bar on the right side just 1 and the gas cap and my led wire box light, that's why but when I go above 10mph you can't hear it. Anyway here's the video

once its warmed up good use the screw you showed to adjust the idle.
13' long chopper in progress
2009 johnny pag bar hog
2004 hd electra glide ultra classic shriner edition
1997 harley davidson 1200 sportster
1972 harley davidson amf sx250