Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #16

Re: Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc-mustang
Yeap, dead sure, the Engine number is a ZS163FM. Also every part is stamped with their emblem and ZS. Wouldnt make much of a difference, the cams are the same between the motors, as long as it is a pushrod motor.
According to the picture you have a push-rod engine. If you have a push-rod engine then it shouldn't have an over-head cam-shaft. Either way, if someone has a second hand engine you can scavenge for cheap it might be faster, cheaper and a chance to meet a fellow member of the community.

I know it seems silly to not be able to fnid a part that has probably been produced my the trillions but in China you could live right next door to the factory and still never be able to find or buy one.

CC
I think i have said it was a pushrod motor. Does the engine comeback id as a OHC?. The original paperwork-joke book-manual, even says "Zongshen ZS163FM Engine".

True statement on parts. I was looking at the Honda dealer for a TMZ155 cam, as it is the same motor. Hopefully when this cam shows up, it is right.. Now i am needing to talk with this "vendor" from the forum about a refund, as he has yet to ship..

Old 02-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #17

I got some terminology wires crossed. Almost seems easier to fly to China and knock some guys head in to get the part and fly back. Too bad the cost of shipping these individual parts from the mainland is so high.

Are both rods still in good shape?

CC

"The Return - Riding Western China" movie site:
http://www.motocyclops.com

Old 02-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #18

[quote="CrazyCarl
Are both dowel pins (rods) still in good shape?

CC[/quote]

One dowel pin between the Cam and Gear. When the cam circlip came loose it wallowed out both pretty good. That was easily fixed, what wasn't is the damage done to the cam lobe. Didnt look like he got very far when the circlip popped loose. If someone had taken the time during assembly, they would have caught the fact the groove for the circlip was only cut 85% of the way. The Circlip was able to "walk" right out of the groove.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:21 AM   #19

Quote:
One dowel pin between the Cam and Gear. When the cam circlip came loose it wallowed out both pretty good. That was easily fixed, what wasn't is the damage done to the cam lobe. Didnt look like he got very far when the circlip popped loose. If someone had taken the time during assembly, they would have caught the fact the groove for the circlip was only cut 85% of the way. The Circlip was able to "walk" right out of the groove.
Okay, gotcha! Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. Which part actually contacted the cam lobe to cause the damage? Was it just smacking around against the inside of the case?

CC

"The Return - Riding Western China" movie site:
http://www.motocyclops.com

Old 02-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCarl
Quote:
Okay, gotcha! Thanks for taking the time to explain it to me. Which part actually contacted the cam lobe to cause the damage? Was it just smacking around against the inside of the case?

CC
The cam was not running straight when the circlip came loose, so the lifter or followers wore on the cam lobe. I found the followers right away, but the cam was another story. Well atleast getting one has been. This is similar to an hydraulic lifter when the lifter body wears, the lifter doesnt follow an even track, so eventually the camshaft lobe wears tot he point it "rounds" out, or goes flat.