Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #976

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Just got back from a long weekend in the mountains with the TT. Riding forest services roads and jeep trails in the San Isabel NF in South Central Colorado in the Sangre de Cristo's. Rode to about 11,000 feet til we hit the snow line. Couldn't stop smiling.
i grew up in the mountains of Colorado, god its good to see there are still places like that! My old haunts have mostly been 'condo'd' or ski resorted over . After over half a century away, what I saw on my return made me cry :( I was a bit of a wild child then, in good weather I often would roam the mountains alone for several days at a time, some times sitting motionless for hours just watching life take place around me. I had birds sometimes land on my shoulders thinking I was just another feature of the landscape, and once had a pair of chipmunks sitting on my shoes, fighting over a bit of peanut butter I'd managed to drop during lunch. life was sooo much simpler then, but sill brutal, at the most serene moments, a predator would suddenly attack and dispatch its prey, often in the most gruesome, bloody manner possible. As I remember, I was 8 or 9 years old. One thing tho, I never saw anything in nature as despicable as what just occurred in Orlando. It seems Only humans are capable of such things, and worse.....
cherish your moments of serenity, beauty, and peace.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 06-13-2016, 07:35 PM   #977

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
One thing tho, I never saw anything in nature as despicable as what just occurred in Orlando. It seems Only humans are capable of such things, and worse.....
cherish your moments of serenity, beauty, and peace.
Agreed! Nature is certainly cruel, but it's natural. That's simply part of its beauty. It's composed of so many organisms, all acting according to their nature, and that means death comes along with it. We people, on the other hand, certainly tend to screw it up sometimes. Fortunately, we can ride away from the hatred and get reacquainted with the serenity of nature's cruelty. Seems odd to say it that way, but that's how I feel about it. Besides, I've seen plenty of kindness that's only possible in human interaction.

Anyway, I know for me that's one of the biggest motivators to get this type of bike instead of something else more asphalt-oriented like my old bikes. The ability to get out and away is definitely appealing to me.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 06-14-2016, 09:57 AM   #978

That looks awesome rojo!....and thanks for letting me know what the white one looks like in the proper environment. Ours should be arriving soon!

My experience with CO wasn't near as nice as your pics. In '79 I spent some time there going to school. My sleazy apartment one block off the corner of Colfax and Colorado wasn't near as nice..... ;-)

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 06-14-2016, 06:54 PM   #979

did a 10 minute ride down the road and when i got back i found the left fork tube had pumped oil out through the cap. Never seen it happen before, any idea what could be a cause?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps4iylymmy.jpg

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-14-2016, 08:03 PM   #980

Im sure you checked ,but looking at the 5 oclock position it looks like the cap is not screwed all the way down....could just be me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160614_183233_zps4iylymmy.jpg (46.8 KB, 235 views)

Old 06-14-2016, 08:30 PM   #981

its on all the way. oil seems to have come out of the adjustment screw.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 PM   #982

Does the adjustment screw have a O-Ring as a seal? Maybe it got pinched during assembly or was bad/faulty from the factory

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:49 PM   #983

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Just got back from a long weekend in the mountains with the TT. Riding forest services roads and jeep trails in the San Isabel NF in South Central Colorado in the Sangre de Cristo's. Rode to about 11,000 feet til we hit the snow line. Couldn't stop smiling.
That's some serious PostCard shtuff! Big thumbs up!

Old 06-15-2016, 12:21 AM   #984

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
did a 10 minute ride down the road and when i got back i found the left fork tube had pumped oil out through the cap. Never seen it happen before, any idea what could be a cause?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ps4iylymmy.jpg
I had the same oil leak on the cap, left fork tube also.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #985

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHawk47 View Post
I had the same oil leak on the cap, left fork tube also.
did you fix yours yet? I haven't checked a parts break down of it yet to see what could be the problem. going to Email csc to ask this morning.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #986

Maybe we need a thread for working out the "kinks" on our new bikes?

The routing of the brake line and the speedo cable have been noted elsewhere on this and other forums and while I was addressing these issues I noticed the clutch cable had a fair amount of tension. It ran from the case, around the front of the frame, through the cable guide and then up so I re-routed it between the engine and the frame and it is much happier. I was then able to route it up between the speedo mount and the ignition making a much more relaxed trip to the lever. Seems better...

Old 06-15-2016, 06:11 PM   #987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelo9 View Post
Maybe we need a thread for working out the "kinks" on our new bikes?

The routing of the brake line and the speedo cable have been noted elsewhere on this and other forums and while I was addressing these issues I noticed the clutch cable had a fair amount of tension. It ran from the case, around the front of the frame, through the cable guide and then up so I re-routed it between the engine and the frame and it is much happier. I was then able to route it up between the speedo mount and the ignition making a much more relaxed trip to the lever. Seems better...
That'd be cool. If you start one, be sure to post it here. For the moment, I'm mostly watching this thread, so if another begins, I'd love to add that one to my watch list.

If a thread isn't started by whenever I get my bike, I'll probably start one, assuming I have any issues. Actually, I'm pretty sure I'll have issues, but most of them will be between the helmet and the straps.

Current: CSC TT250

Old 06-16-2016, 11:39 AM   #988

I've seen it mentioned quite a lot on this forum, especially with regard to the Hawks, that one of the mods you should do right away is to install a new spark plug because the factory one is not good. So are you guys who are getting the TT250's finding the same to be true about the spark plug, or is the one in the TT250 fine?

2016 CSC TT250

Old 06-16-2016, 12:10 PM   #989

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I've seen it mentioned quite a lot on this forum, especially with regard to the Hawks, that one of the mods you should do right away is to install a new spark plug because the factory one is not good. So are you guys who are getting the TT250's finding the same to be true about the spark plug, or is the one in the TT250 fine?
my bike is scheduled to arrive next thursday... I already have the new NGK plug not sure if I will swap immediately or wait a couple hundred miles... Ill keep you posted

Old 06-16-2016, 12:20 PM   #990

probably going to swap after the break in

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250