Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2016, 11:14 PM   #46

Right now I have a 20 that came with the mikuni or the 40 from the stock carb. I will try the stock pilot jet.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:13 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
Right now I have a 20 that came with the mikuni or the 40 from the stock carb. I will try the stock pilot jet.
This didnt occur to me when I was first working on my carb, but the lines arent as clear cut as some guides make it seem.

As in, when I changed my main jet, it DID affect how my bike idled. Vice versa, when I adjusted my pilot and air mixture screw, it seemed to also lightly affect my top end.

I think its because both jets are working at some capacity all the time, or so it seems. Like, at idle, it 90% your pilot jet and 10% main jet, and at WOT, its 90% your main jet, but there still a tiny bit added by the pilot jet. I could be completely wrong though.

Something like this chart...

http://www.jba.bc.ca/JBCycle/Resources/jet-chart.jpg

Old 06-04-2016, 03:50 AM   #48

yup you are right, they all work together, if the pilot is too big you get unburnt fuel smell from the exhaust, and when the main jet is too big, the bike bogs at WOT.
having said that a largish pilot makes for a smooth cruise and the bike won t lean out when changing gears.
and of course it depends on altitude, air filter setup etc. but you ll get to sthe point where you max your performance and after that you can smooth it a little but you won t get much improvement.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post
This didnt occur to me when I was first working on my carb, but the lines arent as clear cut as some guides make it seem.

As in, when I changed my main jet, it DID affect how my bike idled. Vice versa, when I adjusted my pilot and air mixture screw, it seemed to also lightly affect my top end.

I think its because both jets are working at some capacity all the time, or so it seems. Like, at idle, it 90% your pilot jet and 10% main jet, and at WOT, its 90% your main jet, but there still a tiny bit added by the pilot jet. I could be completely wrong though.

Something like this chart...

http://www.jba.bc.ca/JBCycle/Resources/jet-chart.jpg
I first learned this concept from forum member Pete; he insists that a jet change will affect the entire operation of the carb, not just that specific circuit.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-05-2016, 01:41 PM   #50

I can't seem to find a pilot jet pack that has assorted jets. Does anyone have a link to one?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:03 PM   #51

I bought mine from an Aliexpress vendor... but I still don't know how to use those other China Buy sites ... you can list what all sizes you want to receive

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mikun...261503024.html

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:39 PM   #52

Thanks I ordered a set.

I thought the fuel line was 1/4 id but it is to big. Any idea what the size is maybe 3/16?

Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 AM   #53

I think that's right. 5mm is pretty close.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-06-2016, 06:04 PM   #54

Here is a picture with the exhaust and uni filter on. Probably going to rattle can the header to be black as well.

Old 06-07-2016, 08:38 AM   #55

unifilter should be fine with the jetting of 25 and 115. i think that s what i have installed.

Old 06-07-2016, 09:24 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
unifilter should be fine with the jetting of 25 and 115. i think that s what i have installed.
I have it running a 115 and 20 right now. It pops coming off the throttle. I think that means it is running lean? I have a set of pilot jets coming. I know once I have this dialed in it will be very nice. It wants to lift when I shift into second so I know I have more power. Sometimes I wish this thing had fuel injection.

Anyone know if there is an EFI kit for the hawk

Old 06-07-2016, 12:29 PM   #57

How did the engine bolts fit with the header of the exhaust? Was it an exact fit or did you have to mod it?

https://www.youtube.com/c/Andrew93

newrider93 AKA Andrew93

Old 06-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #58

I spent some time with a Dremel widening the bolt holes on the exhaust. They don't need to widen much but they don't fit without modification. Also the Airbox touches the pipe. I went with a UNI filter so not a big deal to me. Others didn't mention that the airbox hit so not sure if I did something wrong.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:41 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ss View Post
Others didn't mention that the airbox hit so not sure if I did something wrong.
Most of those exhausts are made to "close enough" standards on the bends/mounts, I doubt you did anything wrong on the install

As for the EFI, look into "Ecotrons" they make 'small engine EFI kits', but they get spendy lol

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 06-07-2016, 01:51 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhule View Post
As for the EFI, look into "Ecotrons" they make 'small engine EFI kits', but they get spendy lol
Ouch 600$ I expected to be able to buy some cheap chinese knockoff for 50$