Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2016, 04:10 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
If any of you are on the fence about buying this cluster for your Hawk, don't be, buy it. This item is the easiest accessory I have ever added to any bike bar none. The fit and finish is very good but the best part is the plug and play. The attention to detail in both the components and instructions is above and beyond the best I've ever seen. Took the bike for a spin after installation and everything worked perfectly. It's really nice to have the tach and accurate speedo to let us know how slow are Hawks's are going. Mjstef you are stud!
Well said,and the gear selector makes it a great addition for beginners and to find the neutral.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:00 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolftrax View Post
If any of you are on the fence about buying this cluster for your Hawk, don't be, buy it. This item is the easiest accessory I have ever added to any bike bar none. The fit and finish is very good but the best part is the plug and play. The attention to detail in both the components and instructions is above and beyond the best I've ever seen. Took the bike for a spin after installation and everything worked perfectly. It's really nice to have the tach and accurate speedo to let us know how slow are Hawks's are going. Mjstef you are stud!
Thanks Wolf. After turning wrenches for nearly 30 years i find it important to make things user friendly. I think that is what drew me to Chinabikes in the 1st place. Basic simplicity! Like i posted originally, It's about a half hour upgrade. Will have 100 more of these in 2-3 weeks depending on shipping........

Old 05-22-2016, 10:06 PM   #63

Thank you Mjstef for your work in putting this together. I installed mine a few days ago and it went right in a works perfectly. Very easy plug and play. My one item that I'm sure someone will come up with a innovative solution is the wheel sensor wire is a little long so I coiled it up and zip tied it behind the light cluster.

Great job putting this together.

Here is my son helping with the job:
Name:  Levi bike 6.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  97.1 KB

Old 05-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolclass View Post
Thank you Mjstef for your work in putting this together. I installed mine a few days ago and it went right in a works perfectly. Very easy plug and play. My one item that I'm sure someone will come up with a innovative solution is the wheel sensor wire is a little long so I coiled it up and zip tied it behind the light cluster.

Great job putting this together.

Here is my son helping with the job:
Attachment 6056

Thanks!! Make sure your forks are FULLY EXTENDED when you strap your wire down. If not and you have it tight you'll pull it apart.....

Old 05-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #65

another suggestion for packaging.... throw in 3 long zip ties so that the speedo wire can be tied down. cheap addition and will add to the plug/play convenience factor.

I'm loving mine! already getting lazy by looking at the gear indicator rather than riding by feel.

Old 05-23-2016, 01:57 PM   #66

It really makes a inexpensive bike look like a million bucks.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:17 PM   #67

On the odometer.

With all the rain we are having the longest test ride I've gotten in was 3.3 miles on the OD.

3.287 on the GPS.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:53 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPMT View Post
On the odometer.

With all the rain we are having the longest test ride I've gotten in was 3.3 miles on the OD.

3.287 on the GPS.
That's pretty close on the od

Does this have a tripometer ?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #69

Hey mjstef, (and everyone else),

My cluster hasnt reset like it did when I first put it on(so far so good!), would it reset if the battery connection is removed?

Also, my tach seems to be having a hard time. When I turn it on it sweeps like normal, but at random times while im riding it will decrese its reading by about 2000rpm. So instead of reading around 8 while maxing out a gear, it reads 6. If I turn the bike on and off it goes back to normal.

Could that just be a loose tach connection?

Thanks for all your help!

Old 05-24-2016, 10:47 AM   #70

rode mine to work and was just thinking as I rode along. is anyone sure we're running close to 8k to max out the HP? I'm wondering if the tach is actually reading twice the actual RPMs. is that possible? any way to check it? one of those things that clamps around the plug wire?

it's not that big of a deal because it's all relative and useful to know where the motor is at. but my C10 is screaming when I have it at 8k.

Old 05-24-2016, 01:05 PM   #71

you should be able to tell based on speed and gear selected if the rpm is accurate

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-24-2016, 01:33 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post

My cluster hasnt reset like it did when I first put it on(so far so good!), would it reset if the battery connection is removed?

Also, my tach seems to be having a hard time. When I turn it on it sweeps like normal, but at random times while im riding it will decrese its reading by about 2000rpm. So instead of reading around 8 while maxing out a gear, it reads 6. If I turn the bike on and off it goes back to normal.

I started to experience the same problem when I move the pinch connector it will stabilize, I'm going to remove the connector and solder the wires together.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:51 PM   #73

Got my cluster installed later last evening, got dark, so I didn't test ride until this afternoon. So far, so good. I like it. I also have to say, that once I took the stock cluster and my add on tach off, replacing it with the new one, all my wacky buzzes have gone away. All I hear is pure Hawk! Haha!! Hoping I can get a nice long ride in tomorrow on my day off for a better review. So far I'm very satisfied with it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5014.jpg (91.3 KB, 151 views)

Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by mq1991 View Post

Hmmm, Check your connection for sure. Let me know how it works out.....

Old 05-24-2016, 11:42 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I started to experience the same problem when I move the pinch connector it will stabilize, I'm going to remove the connector and solder the wires together.

I have not had the issue on either one i installed. Did have problems where it plugs in behind the headlight after a rain. Ended up pulling every plug apart and using Di-electric grease on all plugs including the tap splice. Take a pliers and squeeze the connector tight.