Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2016, 11:15 AM   #16

There is no need for an endorsement.

Unless you get pulled over or in an accident.

I have known plenty of people who rode for years, decades even, without an endorsement, but why bother?

I respect and endorse Libertarianism but why ride with the extra stress?

Old 05-13-2016, 11:17 AM   #17

Yet Grandma and Grandpa Jones can buy one of these when they retire and drive them with a regular drivers license after driving nothing bigger than a Toyota Camry their whole lives??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg semi2.jpg (80.6 KB, 111 views)
File Type: jpg bus.jpg (101.5 KB, 111 views)

Old 05-13-2016, 11:23 AM   #18

You do realize you're asking logical questions, right? how would you begin to believe there is anything logical about politicians making laws?

for the record, I avoided the system for several years when I first started riding on the street. that was about 30 years ago. when I moved to Texas, I decided to become "legal". I took their permit test for which they endorsed my license with a "M". I never took the riding test. when I moved to NC, they looked at the "M", had me take the motorcycle portion of their written test, and gave me my full motorcycle endorsement. so I never did have to take the riding test.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:27 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc View Post
There is no need for an endorsement.

Unless you get pulled over or in an accident.

I have known plenty of people who rode for years, decades even, without an endorsement, but why bother?

I respect and endorse Libertarianism but why ride with the extra stress?
Here in NC, they are really good about setting up license checkpoints. I went through one once which had a BUNCH of motorcycles sitting on the side of the road because of lack of endorsement or failure to have inspections done. the state police were writing one ticket after another. for me it was the inspection. I had it done and they dropped the ticket.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
Here in NC, they are really good about setting up license checkpoints. I went through one once which had a BUNCH of motorcycles sitting on the side of the road because of lack of endorsement or failure to have inspections done. the state police were writing one ticket after another. for me it was the inspection. I had it done and they dropped the ticket.
Police state eh?? Been a LOT of talk about checkpoints being illegal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg papers.jpg (20.9 KB, 110 views)

Old 05-13-2016, 12:02 PM   #21

what's a riders permit?

j/k
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-13-2016, 12:25 PM   #22

i had a friend here in utah, spend a month in jail for riding without one. they are harsh here at least.

-Ancap Revolution-

"There can be no such thing as 'fairness in taxation.' Taxation is nothing but organized theft, and the concept of a 'fair tax' is therefore every bit as absurd as that of 'fair theft.'"
-Murray Rothbard

Old 05-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #23

Governator Schwarzenegger of California got cited for riding a motorcycle without an endorsement several years ago, so it can happen to anyone.

Old 05-13-2016, 02:04 PM   #24

Well let's see.....I got my learners permit when I was 15.5 and you could legally ride bikes on the street with that. When I got my drivers license at 16, I didn't bother to get my endorsement because it really didn't matter back then. I've been riding ever since then and I'm 57. I got my first "M1" designation about 10 years ago because they changed the law. They used to just give you a warning, now in CA they impound your bike. That brought a whole new urgency to getting the designation.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-13-2016, 09:59 PM   #25

it all depends! i think it is a matter of organising responsibility - check that someone is sane, reasonably healthy, knows the rules, can control the vehicle! that is a good thing.
in the beefed up sportbike scene a few years ago kids competed for doing 300 on the freeway, one death a month in our 4 mio people state - so i am all for much more thorough mandatory rider (and driver) education. but i have a problem with high price tags for licences and tests, which makes it harder for folks who aren t well off.

Old 05-13-2016, 11:11 PM   #26

I have my license

I have mine. I got it back in 2005 or so. Come to think of it. WoW - has it been that long? Wowzers. I got mine back when I was in the army and took the rider safety course and soon thereafter purchased my first bike, a 2003 BUELL BLAST 500cc, brand new. It wasn't a speeder at all, but it was a solid bike to learn on and get the feel of riding. Even tho the styling is unrefined, I still think it was a great first bike, and have recommended people buy one to learn on.

In my mind, its just better to be legal and avoid any reason for the cops to pull you over or check "your papers." Cops are looking for ways to bust people now days, no need to give them ammo. Happy and safe riding.

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD

Old 05-14-2016, 12:16 AM   #27

Quote:
I agree with all of your posts. In the end though, The state endorses me to drive these things which endanger hundreds of people i pass on the highway but wants me to take a 2 day course and pay $175 to drive a 300# motorcycle that endangers myself???
If I had a say in it you should just be required to submit a statement to that effect and be given a smaller vehicle class licence due to your advanced standing. That would be common sense.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:54 AM   #28

Word of the day..Wowzers
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-14-2016, 01:11 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by zingshoen View Post
If I had a say in it you should just be required to submit a statement to that effect and be given a smaller vehicle class licence due to your advanced standing. That would be common sense.
Common sense is not so common anymore. All about the revenue lol. I'll get it one day or another. I don't ride in town, Mostly trail ride and forest service roads.....