Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2016, 10:05 AM   #1

Search bar problems.

I'm a new user here at china riders, at work I'm a fire suppression engineer and during the down time at work I read and get addicted to stuff. So when I bought the new hawk a few months ago I wanted to know everything about it. I started posting a few days ago, because I could not find anything that I needed with the search bar. This morning I just happened to be going threw the archives of information here and found almost every question I had been asking myself. So I guess my advice for other new users is before posting and you exhausted your options with the search tool. Just scroll threw some of the old pages your question is likely there. Or at least until China riders has a better algerrithom for searches.

While I'm here today I have plans to paint the hawk and mess with the exhaust, will report if I notice any performance improvements with the exhaust.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:45 AM   #2

Pay particular attention to the stickies in each forum as well. There is a goldmine of info there. Even take the time to check out the other forums, like the ATV section; there are several ATV's that used the same CG-based engine that many Hondoids use.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-12-2016, 01:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swollbraham View Post
I'm a new user here at china riders, at work I'm a fire suppression engineer and during the down time at work I read and get addicted to stuff. So when I bought the new hawk a few months ago I wanted to know everything about it. I started posting a few days ago, because I could not find anything that I needed with the search bar. This morning I just happened to be going threw the archives of information here and found almost every question I had been asking myself. So I guess my advice for other new users is before posting and you exhausted your options with the search tool. Just scroll threw some of the old pages your question is likely there. Or at least until China riders has a better algerrithom for searches.

While I'm here today I have plans to paint the hawk and mess with the exhaust, will report if I notice any performance improvements with the exhaust.
One more thing about that exhaust header pipe. When I had mine off I noticed the Gobbs of weld buildup at the beginning of the pipe next to the crush washer. This seems like it could cause a build up of carbon and cause less flow. Maybe grind this down a bit. . I also took the crush washer and taped it back exactly to the original form fit when re installing the head pipe to allow reinstall without a new crush washer. Then tape just burns off.

I too am a fire suppression engineer of sorts, in the local volunteer fire department . Here is a pic of what was left of the BMW coupe that burned down at 4am last week. No plates found so probably stolen.
Name:  20160512_121328-640x480.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  86.0 KB
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 05-12-2016, 01:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
One more thing about that exhaust header pipe. When I had mine off I noticed the Gobbs of weld buildup at the beginning of the pipe next to the crush washer. This seems like it could cause a build up of carbon and cause less flow. Maybe grind this down a bit. . I also took the crush washer and taped it back exactly to the original form fit when re installing the head pipe to allow reinstall without a new crush washer. Then tape just burns off.

I too am a fire suppression engineer of sorts, in the local volunteer fire department . Here is a pic of what was left of the BMW coupe that burned down at 4am last week. No plates found so probably stolen.
Attachment 5830
Good to know thanks man. and that's awesome there is not many of us out there!

Old 05-12-2016, 02:13 PM   #5

I would just replace the 'spring metal crush gasket' with an OE Honda Exhaust Gasket # 18291-MN5-650

Cost was only $2 or $3 from Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, ebay has them for around $5, aliexpress has a good 'copper crush gasket' for about 80 cents each when you buy 5

"You never know what someone is hiding beneath their smile..." - NinjaTom - R.I.P.

Old 05-12-2016, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:
I agree. The search doesn't work very well. I've tried a few times to search for terms I know were there because I saw the message a few days ago, but I couldn't remember where. When the search didn't work, I just manually had to page through very long threads and then I found the posts I was looking for.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-12-2016, 04:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
I agree. The search doesn't work very well. I've tried a few times to search for terms I know were there because I saw the message a few days ago, but I couldn't remember where. When the search didn't work, I just manually had to page through very long threads and then I found the posts I was looking for.

Yeah they really need to do something. It's hard to find stuff. Luckily people are pretty cool and will either link you to it, or re answer the question.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:34 PM   #8

I do pretty well with the search bar. I spend a lot of time with it because I have Q Link. Most of it's info is ancient history. I find stay very short and sweet with what I'm looking for and I can usually dredge up what I need.

Example: If I'm looking for Boost Crazy's dyno run on his Q Link XF 200, I just now typed in "q link dyno" in the dual sport forum and up it came.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ight=link+dyno

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-12-2016, 04:55 PM   #9

Quote:
Yeah they really need to do something. It's hard to find stuff. Luckily people are pretty cool and will either link you to it, or re answer the question.
Agreed. These guys are very helpful and patient with us newbies.

2016 CSC TT250

Old 05-13-2016, 12:12 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
I do pretty well with the search bar. I spend a lot of time with it because I have Q Link. Most of it's info is ancient history. I find stay very short and sweet with what I'm looking for and I can usually dredge up what I need.

Example: If I'm looking for Boost Crazy's dyno run on his Q Link XF 200, I just now typed in "q link dyno" in the dual sport forum and up it came.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthrea...ight=link+dyno
i also could be slightly retarded, i've just had a hard time with it. maybe ill start trying to use different phrasing.

-Ancap Revolution-

"There can be no such thing as 'fairness in taxation.' Taxation is nothing but organized theft, and the concept of a 'fair tax' is therefore every bit as absurd as that of 'fair theft.'"
-Murray Rothbard

Old 05-13-2016, 01:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjester View Post
Agreed. These guys are very helpful and patient with us newbies.
Here to help! :-)....you won't be a newby for long.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 05-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #12

Quote:
i also could be slightly retarded, . . .

Well, we're all buying China Bikes that everyone keeps telling us are crap, so maybe we ALL are I guess.

2016 CSC TT250