Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2006, 11:41 AM   #1

Anyone Talkin Roketa?

I have 2 DB-06's, so far so good. MSO's are taking too long though.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #2

Chpy,
I ordered my bike from XXX-Motorsports, and had the MSO within 10 days. But I actually used the "fake" MSO that came with the bike and was able to get an OHIO title. Insurance was the more difficult thing for me. But State Farm now has a database for Roketa bikes in my area.
Good Luck with yours.

Old 05-31-2006, 05:36 PM   #3

MSO's

I bought mine from Powersports Max, and had to call them a few times to get the ball rolling on the MSO's. In Oregon, I need them to register the bikes, so my son and I are meanwhile riding up and down our street, because we can't go anywhere legally yet. Do have line on parts yet? I need a left front turn signal lens, I broke it. Just wondering where I can get one. When you email Powersports max, you get 0 replies. Very frustrating!

Old 05-31-2006, 10:43 PM   #4

For parts, try Terminator. They are the exact same bike. Also, maybe try Shineray directly in China. Shineray manufactures for Roketa/Terminator/SunL. I put some links on Jetmotogroup to Roketa, Terminator, and Shineray.

For MSO, try reversing your credit card charges as your bike is somehwhat worthless without it.

Old 05-31-2006, 11:32 PM   #5

You may also try: roketa.com , I am not sure it they will have them or not, but there is a parts link that has many different parts.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #6

Just Bought one....

Just bought a Roketa RSM 200, and I am excited as hell. Got a call from the shipping copany about 5 minutes ago, and they are going to bring it by on Monday... Let the fun begin... I also picked up a Maxfine 150 at a yard sale last week for $75.00 It runs great but has some shifting problems. This is going to be an experiment in using '83 XL 185 parts for a repair. I will let you guys know how it goes. If I can't fix it, I will either replace the engine with a 200cc ebay Lifan or keep it around for spare parts... Either way, I think I scored... More Later

Kung Pao Mongo

"Mongo Like Sheriff Bart."

Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #7

I've got a Roketa DB-5. It arrived two weeks ago. Says it is mfg by Zongshen on the I.D. plate. Great bike so far!

Old 06-01-2006, 10:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argynon
I've got a Roketa DB-5. It arrived two weeks ago. Says it is mfg by Zongshen on the I.D. plate. Great bike so far!
Hi folks,
I bought two DB-05s in November. Selling one this weekend (for a profit). Good thing they come with real EPA/DOT plates as NJ insisted on seeing photos of them.

Bikes seem well built but weakish/heavy and geared WAY to low for road use. Rather worried about getting parts as I bought the bikes directly from Goldenvale.

Carbs were way out of adjustment out of the box.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Carbs were way out of adjustment out of the box
I hear ya. I had to drop the C-clip a couple notches on my Lifan to get the rig to start. Runs like a top now. I suspect alot of the adjustments we need to do on delivery (clutch, carb, chain, etc...) are items typically taken care of at normal big-4 dealers.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite
Quote:
Carbs were way out of adjustment out of the box
I hear ya. I had to drop the C-clip a couple notches on my Lifan to get the rig to start. Runs like a top now. I suspect alot of the adjustments we need to do on delivery (clutch, carb, chain, etc...) are items typically taken care of at normal big-4 dealers.
Luckily, I didn't have to mess with the C-clip. Just a lot of playing with the impossible-to-reach fuel screw. :evil:

Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #11

Where is the fuel screw? I can't find it :(

Old 06-02-2006, 10:54 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argynon
Where is the fuel screw? I can't find it :(
It's the little, vertical one underneath the front of the carb. To get to it, you need a tiny screwdriver and you must reach over the exhaust pipe. That means, as you try to get the right mixture, your wrist not-so-slowly roasts.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:13 PM   #13

Thanks, it is in a strange place!

Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #14

I have a gray DB-05 from Goldenvale, I freaking nightmare trying to get the MSO!!!! Bought it in march still no MSO.

Although I did get a email yesterday saying "MSO sent,Thank you!"

I love the bike,Hate the guys I bought it from.

I have a 42 rear, I think I would like to go smaller though....

Don't like the KPH speedo, No Tach.... Waiting to see if sarw15 has any luck with his Lifan panel...

DannyB.