Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2016, 08:54 AM   #376

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
?..... If my memory is correct, I believe 200 bikes were sold in the first shipment. I wasn't told this was confidential information. The next time I call CSC I will ask for the TT250 sales numbers. However, if the information is confidential, I won't be reporting it.
Thank you, Spud. That was near my guesstimate for the RX3s as well.

And I'm thinking maybe the same number, or even hundred more for the second Rx3 shipment.

As the owner of several small businesses in the past, I was pondering if perhaps CSC might be expanding too fast with the addition of two more models.

No reflection at all on the products they are selling and supporting.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it, or delete it.

jb

Old 03-07-2016, 09:32 AM   #377

No problema, JB.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-07-2016, 09:24 PM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbfla View Post
Thank you, Spud. That was near my guesstimate for the RX3s as well.

And I'm thinking maybe the same number, or even hundred more for the second Rx3 shipment.

As the owner of several small businesses in the past, I was pondering if perhaps CSC might be expanding too fast with the addition of two more models.

No reflection at all on the products they are selling and supporting.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, feel free to move it, or delete it.

jb
This thought had crossed my mind, but I quickly erased it as CSC has obviously brought us a quality machine in the RX-3. With their strong relationship with Zongshen, I can only see their products improving over time, as evidenced by their second to none customer service and incorporating improvements that customers have requested. If a company is not up to its arse in problems, it can focus on building a better organization.

They have also attracted top notch personnel in sales, service and the back office. I have had the pleasure of interacting with most of them both in person and on the phone and they're not only professional, but really nice people who truly want to help.

My point is that this is a well run organization from the top down, who I'm sure will be very successful.

2016 CanAm Spyder F3-L

Old 03-08-2016, 02:02 AM   #379

I agree with you on all points, George.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 03-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #380

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Well, my order ID is right around #550 if I remember right, so they either have a ton of deposits and TT's coming or they're picking random numbers! ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
My order number is #2780 and I placed my order for the TT250 in November 2015? So that must have orders for over 2780 bikes! LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
yeah there is something screwy w their numbering system, I think mine is like 600 something and was made on the last day, last few hours of the boat deal.
#2785 here and I ordered November 30th

its most likely that the sales numbers are for any sale, even replacement parts, not just the preorders.

with the lower numbers later its also possible that that reach a certain number like 3000 then start back over in the low numbers again, or probably they start back at a low number for each new year so the sale tracking is actually a combination of the year and the SO.no.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #381

White, the slowest

An order placed around the 10th of January was just a few ticks over #3k.
I don't know if that helps the quantity mystery.

I chose white, the slowest color, because of my fear of heights and spiders.

Old 03-11-2016, 01:12 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utrider View Post
I don't know if that helps the quantity mystery. I chose white, the slowest color, because of my fear of heights and spiders.
You can go to Airborne School at Fort Benning to conquer a fear of heights. It worked for me.

A fear of spiders can take a bit more time and effort. This is one I saw on one of the recent Baja adventures. His name is Quentin (last name was Taranti...something or other...I forget). We may see him on this year's Baja ride. He lives just south of Camalu.

You didn't mention snakes. Lots of folks are uneasy around them. This is Rodney the Rattler, with a bit of the rabbit he had for lunch still hanging from his jaw. We saw him on the way to the cave paintings in Baja last year. It's the right time of year for the rattlers to be out and about; we might see him next week, too....

Now, on to this numbering thing, folks. I wouldn't read too much into that. Your number has little to do with anything, other than the pad the person taking the order happened to have open at the time.

Old 03-11-2016, 05:11 AM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCDude View Post
You can go to Airborne School at Fort Benning to conquer a fear of heights. It worked for me.

A fear of spiders can take a bit more time and effort. This is one I saw on one of the recent Baja adventures. His name is Quentin (last name was Taranti...something or other...I forget). We may see him on this year's Baja ride. He lives just south of Camalu.

You didn't mention snakes. Lots of folks are uneasy around them. This is Rodney the Rattler, with a bit of the rabbit he had for lunch still hanging from his jaw. We saw him on the way to the cave paintings in Baja last year. It's the right time of year for the rattlers to be out and about; we might see him next week, too....

Now, on to this numbering thing, folks. I wouldn't read too much into that. Your number has little to do with anything, other than the pad the person taking the order happened to have open at the time.
The photo you showed of the jump school at Fort Benning wouldn't help me with my fear of heights. I am scared to climb too many stairs out in the open, and with no elevator, I wouldn't pass that test

Snakes and spiders like that are nothing. They are crawling all over my workplace here in So. AZ--the inmates are the ones to keep an eye on...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #384

brought back a Flood of memories for me, couse it looked a bit different back then...
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 03-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #385

I didn't get to go to jump school, would have enjoyed it though.

- 2008 Kawasaki Versys
- 2016 CSC TT250

Old 03-11-2016, 11:25 AM   #386

I've jumped off of enough things in the past and landed in the hosiptal. It just depends on who's chasing you. At least there they give you parachutes.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 03-12-2016, 11:10 AM   #387

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utrider View Post
I don't know if that helps the quantity mystery.

I chose white, the slowest color, because of my fear of heights and spiders.
Welcome to China Riders, and The Cult of The Zong. We are glad you joined us.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-18-2016, 03:52 AM   #388

The TT250 bikes have been built, and are traveling down the Yangtze River to Shanghai.

http://californiascooterco.com/blog/?p=20696

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 03-18-2016, 04:42 AM   #389

I really like the tires. They look like a good compromise of street an trail.

/

Old 03-18-2016, 10:27 AM   #390

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
I really like the tires. They look like a good compromise of street an trail./
I'm hoping so! Mrs. 2LZ and myself will be riding about 90% pavement doing our canyon twisties. I was wondering if the tires may be too aggresive regarding being more of a dirt-style tire for this. I've already got some Shinko's in my Amazon list for future purchase. Id like her to be able to wear out the stockers first though. We'll see!

Well at least the TT's are on the boat!...but it's good to see some pics, regardless. Which one is yours!?

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350