Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2007, 11:47 PM   #1

Any one in Canada

Hey everyone i have been thinking about getting a bike (lifan 200/250 type) just wanted to know where in Canada you got yours? maybe how much it cost? had any problems getting plates? or any info you might have

thanks

Old 12-04-2007, 09:30 AM   #2

I'm from toronto, I don't know where you are from? I got my bike from Daymak. You can also check any place with "Power Sports" in it's name. Usually means ATV's, sleds and bikes. Don't pay tax to the dealer, you pay it at the Licencing office. You need bill of sale, safety cert., and your Title for the bike. Talk to the people you buy from. Ask if they have one on the street, plated. I see people selling china bikes on craigs list cause they couldn't plate it. Check craigs for one that is plated, it's easier. I don't know what other questions you have, so PM me any time. I'll help if I can. :wink: Mine cost $1599 with helmet. I had trouble with the bike's title, vin #'s didn't match-up, I got nabbed with paying tax twice, then I had to go back to Daymak to get my original tax ($120) back. Months later I got a letter from the tax man asking what happened. All worked out ok in the end. The bike (once preped ran great) took me to quebec and back last riding season. I since sold it for $800. You have to do your own bike fixing, but its a great way to learn riding and wrenching. Good Luck. Mike

Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 AM   #3

Lifan in Vancouver Area

Hi
I live in Langley BC (suburb of Vancouver). I purchased my Lifan LF200GY-5 from a dealer in Langley (Supersport Motorsports). The local distributer is Coast to Coast Motorsports, http://www.coasttocoastmotorsports.com/

I paid $2500.00 and had no problem getting registration/plates.

Aside from the normal adjustment issues early on, I have really enjoyed my bike. I have a little over 5000 kms on it now.