Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2015, 09:04 PM   #1

I bought a xr70r and I need help finding cheap hp motor

Hi guys I bought this little guy for 100! Its a 2000 and the kickstart is busted inside the case. I dont want a 70cc motor I want a fast motor .Im looking at a piranha 140cc for 372 from wholesale cycle.I heard this is the most reliable of these kind .I seen they had 190cc but im not willing to pay 1300. Anyone hav any other motor to suggest and I want to pay 500 and under. What should I buy to make a mini motard to race! I was just looking at daytona 190cc 4 valve found one tuned with a fcr carb and titanium valves and stuff,looks clean and was one of the guys from wholesale cycle personal motors .I thought of writing an email or call and see if they want to sell one of theirs who knows maybe they want to upgrade and this thing will fly with a 190 cc on it I think it will be fast with a 140cc .Any one have one?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150916_201214.jpg (94.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg 20150916_201237.jpg (92.1 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg 20150916_202728.jpg (90.1 KB, 145 views)

motorcycle: lifan dual sport "crankenstein"
Born of parts from all over the globe,laying rubber in a town near you!

Last edited by demidestructo; 09-16-2015 at 09:45 PM.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:08 PM   #2

It will be crazy fast with the standard 125cc 4 speed kick start readily available on Ebay for 250-300$. Those Piranhas are nice engines but I would stick with the dime a dozen readily available parts cheap as heck 125cc.

/

Old 09-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #3

The piranha is hard to beat for the money ,I have had several and they all worked out great .the xr70 is kind of a red headed stepchild ,there is not much aftermarket support for them ,if you need plastics you need to find good used or go to the dealer ,unless you feel like modifying crf stuff to fit .I would be interested in the buggered engine if you don't want it

Old 09-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #4

I was going to pull it apart and fix kickstart and it will run it just broke the kickstart shaft.I was going to keep it to sell on the bike and pull off whatever motor I put on.Those 125cc engines are nice I will keep it in mind .Im selling some stuff so I will see how much I have to work with.all the plastics are nice to me! I will powdercoat the frame and swap swingarm for cr80r with showa adjustable shock. I want to put a bigger set of wheels on and make a mini motard with tire melting power.So I want a crazy engine like the daytona,pitster,piranha, .

Old 09-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #5

What shift is it now? Can you push start it? Looks like it might be semi auto. I can easily push start my semi auto. Heck I can lift the back tire off the ground and spin the tire and start it.

/

Old 09-17-2015, 02:55 AM   #6

It says honda so I think its a three speed.its a semi shift auto or what have you.It will be four up .I want to put like 16 inch on both or swap swingarm with cr80r and showa shock.Thats what I'm doing today .That and trying to get the engine off im heading to harbor freight as they have a motorcycle lift for 62.99!and buying a motorcycle dirtbike stand.The spring on it is for little kid I have another for 250 lbs.we will see what fits .

Old 09-17-2015, 04:25 AM   #7

If buying those items from HF you might as well pick up the motorcycle tire truing and balance stand and their chain break tool.

/

Old 09-17-2015, 07:35 AM   #8

yeah thank you ,great idea I will for sure . so I can do my own tire changes and do other peoples too. I'm looking at either 155z pitser pro or 150cc piranha with v2 race head.If I can find a cheap fuel injection set up I might just do that. I have a keihin 27mm pumper carb for it already.

Whats the biggest rim I can fit on this bike , I want to put say 16 inch wheels and street tires and motard this .With light weight and big power i think it will be way better than the lifan .Im going to change this rear swing arm to the cr80r with showa shock. I know that will let a bigger rim fit.

Old 09-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
It will be crazy fast with the standard 125cc 4 speed kick start readily available on Ebay for 250-300$. Those Piranhas are nice engines but I would stick with the dime a dozen readily available parts cheap as heck 125cc.
Agreed. Once you go beyond 125cc, an oil cooler is recommended. I'd stick with 125cc for simplicity.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-17-2015, 05:23 PM   #10

simple is done quick ,I think im going to buy a piranha 150cc with big bore and race head with rollers valvetrain. I want POWER guys not this will work .I want to pull the wheel up in each gear .I want to stunt the xr70 and do big rolling burnouts and a 125cc will not do that. I got that suzuki bandit today I already broke it apart and am goin to use it for the wheels and brakes .maybe more we will see