Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #1

Anyone got or had a Lifan metro 50cc scooter

Anyone got or had a Lifan metro 50cc scooter ? Someone where I live got one for sale with with 50 miles on it . it's even got a another engine in a box for it . He s asking 800 bucks . I know lifan are some of the better china scooters . I ve not been able to find out much about from google beyond that s is 2.5 horse power . I thinking it s worth about 500 to 600 bucks as is . Once you hit 800 bucks you can find an honda etc scooter with more cc and power .

Old 08-16-2015, 12:39 PM   #2

Welcome!

I worked on a similar scooter for my Pastor, and it was a decent machine. I wouldn't pay $800 for it, but I agree that $500-$600 is in line.

The scooter I worked on needed a less restrictive air filter and muffler and jetting to match (which was cake). It also needed a valve adjustment. That's it. After those minor mods, I was able to cruise on level grade at about 70km/h, whereas it wouldn't hardly hit 50 before that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer