Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #1

Yamaha 225 engine parts ordering information

Hi everyone!! I'm posting here because I figured you guys would have the most knowledge on the XT/TT/TTR/WR Yamaha 225 type motors... I have a 2008 JIANSHE-YAMAHA 250 sport quad...it has a JIANSHE 229CC motor it is a clone of the Yamaha XT 225 type motor (the frame is a exact same copy of the YFZ450 quad...I order parts for that model when I need replacements)...my dilemma is figuring out exactly what model/years engine to order parts from. I'm not sure if id order from XT/TT/TTR/TW.... I read bits n pieces here n there about this bike model engine n that bike model engine but I'm not that exactly sure!!! I'm reading up on it all but I feel like I need a 225 type engine expert to set me off in the right direction!!! The model numbers on my engine are: JS171FMM-7 and the serial numbers are: *08E00007* and its a 239CC motor (71×58mm bore n stroke...not that I know what that means!! ) and it has a 30mm Teikei CV carburetor with 34/96 pilot/main jets
I have gone to the JIANSHE website and looked the parts over but there's no pictures!!! They discontinued my model n continue to make two utility models a 250 (with the 229cc motor but it's shaft driven and mine is a chain...not sure if that matters or not...the guy at ATVCHINESEMANUALS told me months ago I had a TIMBERWOLF 250 engine clone bt that model is shaft driven too!!! Maybe he thought I had the utility model when I told him JIANSHE 250...) The JIANSHE parts are also extremely expensive, the same if not more than XT 225 parts!!! I'm just trying to pinpoint the years n model engine I order from...I've not found any other information on Yamaha 225 clone motors... ZONGSHEEN made something similar but it looked like the Honda version... Sorry so long Thanks for an help Matt I will post a few pictures of my engine!!
I'd love to be able to also get the manual for my motor
****ALSO I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY INFORMATION ON WHAT LARGER (XT/TTR/TT 250/350 ECT.) MODEL YAMAHA ENGINE WOULD FIT THOSE MOTOR MOUNTS(YFZ450 quad frame) EXACTLY IF ANYONE HAS THAT KNOWLEDGE!!!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Old 08-14-2015, 07:07 PM   #2

https://goo.gl/photos/DgNZA7GWdqgemkit5

Sorry I can only post one picture at a time

Old 08-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #3

https://goo.gl/photos/nshvTCCjjnTgq8uC7

Old 08-14-2015, 07:39 PM   #4

Did you do a search on this site ?there is a search button at the top of the page ,pretty sure this exact question was asked in the past week or so .

Old 08-14-2015, 08:03 PM   #5

I tried it doesn't seem to be working and going through the threads takes forever on my phone!!!

Old 08-15-2015, 01:59 PM   #6

What kind of parts are you looking for?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-15-2015, 02:51 PM   #7

Mainly clutch plates, a shifting fork my be in my near future!!! Everything else is in fine working order could probably use a valve adjustment, just little maintenance type things!!! Thanks for responding!!! Matt

Old 08-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #8

Angry

https://goo.gl/photos/MBJt53X2XEUFUzzk9

I found what motor it is and they say it's a yamaha and the guy at Chineseatvmanuals.com said basically the same thing but this model engine is shaftdriven... and the side casings are different... that's got me confused, i guess I'll just have to order side gaskets for an XT that looks mist similar and give it a try...this is frustrating!!!!