Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2015, 07:54 PM   #1

2007 shineray 250 bogging down while throttling

Anyone else have this quad? If I take choke all the way off it dies, if you go past half throttle it just bogs out. I took carb apart and cleaned with carburetor cleaner, bought it month ago, been tinkering with it. Found fuel filter on backwards, im not sure gas is flowing from shut off correctly either. Guy said when he bought it it smelled like old gas, if the choke is on it will rev up. The carb is a PZ30, im not sure if they have tried to adjust it or what

Old 06-07-2015, 08:35 PM   #2

Did you clean out the jets when you had the carb apart? Is the float bowl filling with fuel?

Old 06-09-2015, 01:22 AM   #3

X2. Have you tried loosening the drain screw, to see if fuel flows out of the bowl?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-09-2015, 04:31 AM   #4

I didnt take the jets out, first time taking one apart, I did loosen the drain screw and fuel does come out. Another thing is the part that bolts to the head where the the carb bolts on, what is that called? Seems to be black plastic or something, the carb mounts on one end and the other end is bolted to the head

Old 06-09-2015, 08:48 AM   #5

Most people refer to the plastic piece between the carb and head as the intake manifold but since it's a single cylinder it's actually an intake tube or intake pipe. The reason it's plastic is to insulate the carb from the hot cylinder head.

Sounds to me like all you need is someone to help you clean the carb properly. Should be a video somewhere on the net to show you how. It's not difficult and the carb design is a common one.

Old 06-09-2015, 10:49 AM   #6

Agreed. Take the time to drain and remove the carb, and then unscrew the main and slow jets for cleaning. Take care when cleaning them, as they're brass. I use a single strand of wire from a wire brush to clean the slow jet, and I (carefully) use a welding tip cleaner on the main jet.

Blast some aerosol carb cleaner into the jet passages, and remember your eye protection during that procedure. It's ok to blast every part of the carb.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-09-2015, 08:03 PM   #7

Ok, on the plastic insulator, there is a vacum line hooked into it, the ones I found on ebay doesn't have it, any idea what it is for? I also need the left side controls, its missing the electric start button, and kill switch

Old 06-09-2015, 08:36 PM   #8

Where does the vacuum line go?

Old 06-09-2015, 09:02 PM   #9

Up to a valve on the right side under the gas tank, the valve o r whatever it is aso has a big rubber hose coming frm the side of the cylinder head

Old 06-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #10

The main and slow jets are inside aren't they? I removed the screw that goes in the valley of the fuel bowl. I never removed the brass ones inside the bowl

Old 06-10-2015, 10:44 AM   #11

Yes, the main and slow jets are inside.

Unless you want to start making some changes to the bike, buy an identical intake tube with a vacuum port like yours.

Old 06-10-2015, 05:47 PM   #12

If I cant find one ill see what I can do with that one. Where do find parts for them online?

Old 06-10-2015, 05:51 PM   #13

Its an emission control valve, looks like the bigger hose is close to being pinched closed from the way its hooked up, short hose