Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #16

Verify your choke position. That is a very common problem. Choke should be all the way open. Don't base position on the lever. Take off the air filter and inspect the choke plate to make sure it is fully open. You should never even need your choke here in SE Florida.

/

Old 06-01-2015, 07:16 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
Verify your choke position. That is a very common problem. Choke should be all the way open. Don't base position on the lever. Take off the air filter and inspect the choke plate to make sure it is fully open. You should never even need your choke here in SE Florida.

/
Shit dude you down my way? i'll pay you if you help me out with my bike and i have not the slightest clue how the choke works lol

Old 06-01-2015, 08:10 PM   #18

Its very simple. Take off the air filter and look into the carb. Move the choke lever back and forth and you will see the choke plate open and close. You want it to be fully open. If you cant see into the carb just stick your finger inside and feel the plate move. I am not saying this is your problem but it is very common to not know what position the choke is in.

/

Old 06-03-2015, 11:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
It's the OHC version of the Honda engine. If you're careful you probably won't need to replace the side cover gasket to rebuild the clutch but it's probably the same gasket as the more common OHV engine.

My sympathies for having to deal with the parole officer for growing a little weed. Growing your own will be legal here in Oregon in 29 days, 12 hours, and 41 minutes.....

What's the model of the Honda engine I'm looking for gaskets for? Trying to get them from the dealer today, is it the ohc xr200?