Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #61

speedes muffler fell off!!

going about 50 down an empty road (thank goodness) the left muffler (if your looking from the back) fell into the street. I had to turn around on a one way road, wait for the damn thing to cool, and ride with it in my backpack. How embarrassing. I got to my friends house and ziptied it in place.

also, because of my wreck I had to ziptie a wooden block to my rear brake lever.

I took the speede stickers off because I figured it saying speede four times was better then eight :P

Old 09-15-2007, 11:38 AM   #62

that's the one issue I have with my bike. "The Exhaust" I am always checking the Header bolts. I lost one bolt already riding...I guess I should lock tight them down....or atleast add lock washers....

Old 09-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #63

On my Jetmoto, my hanging exhaust melted the tool kit holder. Last year, when we were coming up with bumper sticker slogans for the swag, someone, maybe member 'Catastrophix,' had a slogan along the lines of "please pick up parts" or something like that.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-15-2007, 12:19 PM   #64

Fell off? You mean the bolts that hold in place came loose and the muffler then fell off...or the mounts broke or what?

I haven't had that problem nor have i heard of it...but perhaps if it was the bolts, lock-tite might help that...
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 09-15-2007, 05:45 PM   #65

My pitbike had the same problem after the first time i really rode it for more than 20 minutes. Mine is a slip on, so the mounting bolt just vibrated loose. The header hasn't moved at all thank goodness. I just had to torque down the mounting bolt for the slip on and it hasn't moved an inch...let alone a centimeter!

Old 09-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #66

I have a melted toolkit too. Haven't lost the exhaust yet, just one on the nuts on the head and the middle mount broke off the frame which I rewelded.

Allen

Old 09-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #67

DAMNIT

well, the exhaust is gone for good, the bike was at a friends house, ziptied in place. I went home to install a bolt and I lost again, this time I dont know where.

Any ideas on aftermarket mufflers? what would fit? having two mufflers on this bike is stupid anyways, its a waste of space and weight.

also my hi beams started to work again, and then the lightbulb fell apart, so now I have to find one of those too :(

Old 09-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #68

P.S

Looking at the replacement parts thread the speede light is a halogen light

Old 09-17-2007, 03:51 PM   #69

Man, that sucks about all the parts that are malfunctioning on your bike. It's probably the exact opposite feeling that i got when i broke something on my bike and it was my fault lol. My riding partners are always saying "you're the only person we know that's actually happy when you wreck and break something on your bike."

Luckily the only things i've had happen are a popped rear tube, and my clutch lever got snapped. All of which were my fault.

So is your header gone with the muffler also? or was it all just one piece and not a slip on?

Some of the guys on here have bought mufflers for cheap on ebay and just done little mods so they'd fit.

Best of luck man! I'd definitely hit up powersportsmax and see if they can get you a stock muffler for cheap if you don't want to try to fit a different muffler on.

Old 09-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #70

Don't waste any time...call PSM...tell them what you need...tell them it just fell off...unless you are to blame? Or the wreck caused all these problems?

They will hook you up...they sent me the parts i needed when i asked.
I only needed a battery and some plastics i damaged...but none the less...they were very cool about it...

I have had no major issues with my bike...nothing has fallen off...

I lost one skid plate bolt...and bent my clutch lever when i laid it down by accident...but both things were very easily remedied. Gentle taps on the clutch lever (after removing it) with a piece of wood, got it back into shape without issue...

A couple bolts got slightly loose...but nothing major...lock-tite rocks...and so does speedee...

How bout you drew? any major issues or parts falling off?
DB-P12 Shineray Speedee 200 169LFM

Old 09-17-2007, 06:52 PM   #71

no, the thing just vibrated off, it had nothing to do with the accident (as a matter of fact I wrecked on the other side)

I will contact psm for a new front fender, but I am not too worried about the exhaust, because like I said before, there is no point in having two mufflers, its a waste of weight, and I would like to get a spark arrested muffler to do events in.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:23 PM   #72

How is the muffler split on your guys bikes? Pic?