Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2007, 01:05 PM   #1

anyone found a gas gauge for a lifan 200gy-5?

first off let me say that my lifan bike that i bought a couple of months ago has been awesome! here on the cape there arent that many places where you can ride off road legally but the bikes been performing awesome. Around here i mainly use it on road and was wondering if anyone found a fuel gauge kit for these bikes yet somewhere on ebay or the net? thats the only thing i wish my bike had. other than that its been great. and if any of you guys live near the cape in massachusetts and want to go for a ride off road or onroad around here let me know. Dont really know too many people near me that have dual sport bikes so i just ride by myself :(

Old 09-09-2007, 03:28 PM   #2

I think most of us just calculate our mileage, then keep an eye on the odometer.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 PM   #3

Yep.

How many kilos do you'all usually get until you have to hit reserve?
I'm safe up to 200, but I'm not sure after that. I've done the carb mod so that doesn't help my mileage.
Since we're going into winter soon I'm not going to mess with it, but I think next spring I will back the clip off 1 for better mileage and see how it does.

Old 09-09-2007, 09:52 PM   #4

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho.../o/all/fpart/1

Old 09-09-2007, 11:49 PM   #5

I know I am good for at minimum 180kms. I don't think I would like the floaty balls.

Allen

Old 09-10-2007, 05:38 PM   #6

gas gauge

i was just thinking of a gauge, becuase at the end of the season probably november im going to winterize the bike. Is it better to run the bike out of fuel or just fill the tank and put fuel stabilizer in it for the winter. i have a vehicle to drive every day, this isnt my only way of getting around i probably wont use it in the winter thats why i was wondering that. what else should i do to it when storing it for the winter? thanks
I think if i knew other people around where i live that had dual sport bikes and wanted to go trail riding on a regular basis i would probably not close it down for the winter. If any of you guys live around south eastern mass. and want to go riding sometime let me know.

Old 09-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #7

125 miles.....My reserve never did work, so I keep a 20-oz colman camping fuel bottle on the bike most of the time also.

Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #8

I carried an extra gallon when I took my road trip. Around town I am usually within reserve range of a gas station.

I seen guages for lawnmowers on ebay, but I don't know if one could be adapted.

Allen