Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 11:28 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronevaya
not to ruin your fun :P
It's YOUR thread! We was just killin' time!

I got called by the delivery company the day before and then the driver called 1 hour before to confirm I would be there.

I think I paced back and forth about 4 miles that morning...

Old 09-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #32

SO how far away are they saying the bike is?....SHeesh...Don;t they know You have people waiting for a report and pics?

Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 PM   #33

Big trouble on this little china

alright, we got it!!

first, called the shipping company, they said they had it and would have to schedule a delivery, ugh, I couldnt wait, so I called a friend up who luckily had the day off.

we rode down, picked it up, and went back to his house. we ended up putting it together in the bed of his truck. because he has a steep driveway we used that to our advantage.

the bike had some minimal damage, stuff I could live with. A broken reflector on the side, a scrape on the engine, a crack in the front fender (you cant really see it when its installed).

It took us about 4 hours to put together, but thats because we didnt really know how to position the bike to install things or where to find certain parts. some parts were wraped in other things, bolts wrapped with the fenders, etc.

All said in done we poured gas in only to have it spill everywhere, the fuel line was not connected :(

after figuring that out it came to life and we all cheered and drank beer.

BUT!!

this is the part I need your help with!!

It wont idle, it dies at stoplights

going down the road it started to bog down then it eventually died

kick starting it is TERRIBLE!!

it takes FOR-EV-ER :(

after riding it around it didnt seem like the battery was charing at all

I will post pics later

BTW, this speede is blue

Old 09-07-2007, 12:12 PM   #34

Check the prep list for the carb mod. What is your elevation too? The idle adjustment is the screw on the side of the carb on the right if you are sitting on the bike.

Allen

Old 09-07-2007, 12:41 PM   #35

I live in birmingham alabama, so I guess the elevation is the same as you in atlanta.

I didnt go through the check list last night because it was more of just a test run to see if everything would run. I will do the checklist tonight.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:52 PM   #36

Sounds like you're going to have fun weekend!

Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM   #37

I am glad to read that you have your bike, now. I am pleasantly surprised to see that Shineray is bringing more bikes over here through distributors. They are (apparently) in the top 5, maybe even number 3, after Lifan and Zongshen, in China in terms of manufacturing numbers of units. I suspect that they OEM for a few companies here in N. America. If you link to their site www.shineray.com they are now manufacturing cars (actually, trucks/vans). On youtube, if you put in Shineray in the search, one of the more active importers, located in Chile, has several of their bikes. Not shown on their site, but listed as a "naked 200" on youtube, is a nice looking sport bike minus the fairings from the same Chilean importer. Too bad they don't have any info of it on the main Chinese site!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 09-07-2007, 03:47 PM   #38

Since you're in Birmingham it should be similar to mine then. I set the carb needle at the second notch from the pointy end. I didn't move the air/fuel screw at the bottom since it is running fine. Mine starts easily so far at 70 and above without the choke.

To set the idle use the screw on the right side of the carb about in the middle. Doesn't take much to change the idle rpm.

You may want to install a fuel filter in the fuel line. I ended replacing the stock fuel line since it was already cracking.

Also if you didn't check the tank for debris it may have had some particles in it that worked their way into the carb plugging the jets giving you the bogging problem.

Not sure, but you may need to remove the carb to raise the needle. I did. If so remove the bowl and use some carb cleaner to remove any debri.

Allen

Old 09-07-2007, 07:45 PM   #39

update!!

my dirtbike friend says the reason the battery wasnt doing anything was because there was no water in it.

WATER IN A BATTERY!?!

well now I know what that container of water was for. sheesh :(

he is also narrowing down the idle problem.

also, I am 5'6 and weigh 160-65 lbs and had the thing topped out (74 mph? thats what the speedo said)

Old 09-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #40

LOL OH that's funny! I've had good luck with putting the electrolyte in, letting it sit with the top off for a half hour, then put it on, and put it on a slow trickle charge until its fully charged. Makes a big difference in its life span.

Your speedo should be right within 5 mph. Did you put extra lube in your speedo cable? It's a good thing to do.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:58 PM   #41

CONGRATS Speedee man #3!!

Bummer you had damages, at least they were minor.

You'll get the carb adjustment worked out I'm sure.

Your speedo is in Kilometers not MPH. 74 KPH = 45.98 MPH.

Can't wait for pics of a blue Speedee! Have FUN!!! Be safe...

Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #42

Hmmm, Must still have a dinner plate rear sporcket on the speedy.
Might drain that tank and give it a good cleaning just to be safe...Congrats and post some pics soon.

Old 09-08-2007, 02:15 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_drew
CONGRATS Speedee man #3!!

Bummer you had damages, at least they were minor.

You'll get the carb adjustment worked out I'm sure.

Your speedo is in Kilometers not MPH. 74 KPH = 45.98 MPH.

Can't wait for pics of a blue Speedee! Have FUN!!! Be safe...
I forgot to mention that I converted the speed online to mph so it was at 70-74 mph.

We fixed the idle problem, gassed her up, filled the battery, and now its awesome. I just picked up some locktite and some oil.

now another problem, my hi beam is gone :(, low beam works. BTW on the speedes the light output is awesome, its no bi xenon, but it works pretty good.

ALSO, when its cold it will sometime shut off, I usually leave the choke on to turn it on, then close it when its running, should I leave it open a bit?

ALSO ALSO, it does great on hills and I can keep up in traffic (and even pass cars when I need to). I need to learn to turn the turn signal back to the center when iam done turning so i dont look like an old lady :P

Old 09-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #44

Did you move the carb needle? I don't need to choke at all. Mine would sometimes die, but I just raised the idle up alittle more.

Also my Hi beam went out in the first 100 miles and the low beam shortly after. I order a new bulb from denniskirk. The replacement has been in there since. Look in the parts sticky.

And finally my speedo reads about 5mph high at top speed compared to my GPS. I topped out at 71 on the interstate when the speedo said 76.

Allen

Old 09-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronevaya
I forgot to mention that I converted the speed online to mph so it was at 70-74 mph.

We fixed the idle problem, gassed her up, filled the battery, and now its awesome. I just picked up some locktite and some oil.

now another problem, my hi beam is gone :(, low beam works. BTW on the speedes the light output is awesome, its no bi xenon, but it works pretty good.

ALSO, when its cold it will sometime shut off, I usually leave the choke on to turn it on, then close it when its running, should I leave it open a bit?

ALSO ALSO, it does great on hills and I can keep up in traffic (and even pass cars when I need to). I need to learn to turn the turn signal back to the center when iam done turning so i dont look like an old lady :P
That's great speed then! I still haven't had the chance to open mine up yet (hitch carrier will be here on the 11th so I will finally be able to get outside the rec area to ride)

Glad you got your idle set up. Mine just stopped while idling a few times also. I chalked it up to new engine running a bit tight and upped the idle a hair.

I was also very impressed with the Speedee light, took mine on a short trail ride at night and had no problems seeing. Perhaps your high beam wire is loose in the connector or it could possibly be a ground issue. Try tracing the current with a multimeter.

No annoying "beeper" for the turn signal! Are we missing out?!?!

See folks, these babies DO have some kick to them! 8)

Get us a pic bro!