Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #1

Micro update.

Finally got round to cleaning the tank out, I just swilled some fuel round with some rocks inside the tank to loosen any loose material. Seemed to work, a few flakes and dirty fuel to throw away, ready for the new tap to go on..

And had to bodge a small metal bracket to hang the fuel tap on. Found out which outlet was primary fuel and which one was reserve, then decided to just join the two with a 'y' splitter and use a simple tap instead. Reserve is for wimps!

Also, I gave up trying to hand stitch my own seat pad after two hours of futile seamstressing in the garage the other night. Found a little old lady upholsterer locally who said she'd do it cheap. And she did!

Could have done with a line of stitching around the edge of the whole pad really, not loving the zigzagging effect, I might ask her to do that sometime... Seat looks better with a pad on though...

So here's how she stands right now. Fuelled and a non starter again for some reason. Must've dislodged some electrics somewhere.. 😕

(what does it mean when fuel drips out of the overflow /breather that exits from the very bottom of the carb? It was dripping for a while when I first put fuel in and while the furl tap was turned on. It would stop dripping if I turned the fuel tap off, but if I turned it on again and tried starting it a few times it stopped. Now it's fine. No drips, but fuel tap left turned on. Odd.)

Tags
125, apache, por, scrambler, street