Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2014, 05:16 PM   #136

Footer: I just brought the blank certificate to the DMV and they had me fill in the back. That was all I had to do.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:30 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post

culcune, was going to ask you on phone, do you have check points in your area?? us citizen checkpoints i mean.
Yes, there are a few no matter which way I go (north, south, east or west). Going in to Mexico (south) is a new thing which I believe is realted to Holder's Fast and Furious fiasco. It's probably a little too late to stop the flow of guns and ammo, but I guess it might slow it down having already stretched thin agents having to create a traffic jam to get INTO Mexico...

If I go north towards Lake Havasu, there is a checkpoint an hour or so north of Yuma. West has one on I 8 about 3/5 of the way to San Diego. And going to Phoenix east on I 8, about an hour out of Yuma is another one (rapper Lil Wayne had one of his multiple arrests at that one, LOL).

For a while, the BP was even acting as psuedo local law enforcement backing up local police on late night robbery and burglary calls until agents started getting injured doing mundane tasks like that, besides the fact that we are quite well-law enforced and the border isn't (although the border fence has cut down alot on the simple walk-overs).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-26-2014, 06:31 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonCat View Post
Footer: I just brought the blank certificate to the DMV and they had me fill in the back. That was all I had to do.
ah i tried that, had to send mine back to wade. they needed his info on the front, and he had to fill in his dealers license and stuff on back. should get it back from him in next few days i would think. have off the last few days this week and ill go get my plates.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Yes, there are a few no matter which way I go (north, south, east or west). Going in to Mexico (south) is a new thing which I believe is realted to Holder's Fast and Furious fiasco. It's probably a little too late to stop the flow of guns and ammo, but I guess it might slow it down having already stretched thin agents having to create a traffic jam to get INTO Mexico...

If I go north towards Lake Havasu, there is a checkpoint an hour or so north of Yuma. West has one on I 8 about 3/5 of the way to San Diego. And going to Phoenix east on I 8, about an hour out of Yuma is another one (rapper Lil Wayne had one of his multiple arrests at that one, LOL).

For a while, the BP was even acting as psuedo local law enforcement backing up local police on late night robbery and burglary calls until agents started getting injured doing mundane tasks like that, besides the fact that we are quite well-law enforced and the border isn't (although the border fence has cut down alot on the simple walk-overs).
while watching a bunch of bike videos on youtube, i started to come across a bunch of checkpoint videos. people asserting their rights.. kinda addicting and watched a lot of them. i guess i had heard of them, and the protesters but never gave it much thought since we are pretty insulated from that up here in the midwest - not from illegals, but from the checkpoints and a lot of the major crimes associated with illegals. though i know something has to be done to curb the problem, it is quite absurd that 'americans' should have to show their papers. can't believe the whole checkpoint thing is legal. every law passed is another freedom taken.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:42 PM   #140

The checkpoints are legal, and upheld by the Supreme Court, within 100 miles of the border. I have seen a few of the videos where people assert their rights, and one where a guy did the same thing in Las Vegas at a DUI checkpoint. I have to agree with them, but have to admit, I kind of laugh at them considering they end up spending so much time arguing with the various law enforcement agencies, and eventually end up getting passed through, whereas I just simply answer their question(s) which is usually "what citizenship are you?" and will roll down the back windows to show the agent my kids, in a process that takes seconds...sometimes they simply pass us through with a simple wave of their hands. Call me sheep, but I also believe time is money (in some way or another), so I would rather not spend (wasted) time trying to get a point across.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The checkpoints are legal, and upheld by the Supreme Court, within 100 miles of the border. I have seen a few of the videos where people assert their rights, and one where a guy did the same thing in Las Vegas at a DUI checkpoint. I have to agree with them, but have to admit, I kind of laugh at them considering they end up spending so much time arguing with the various law enforcement agencies, and eventually end up getting passed through, whereas I just simply answer their question(s) which is usually "what citizenship are you?" and will roll down the back windows to show the agent my kids, in a process that takes seconds...sometimes they simply pass us through with a simple wave of their hands. Call me sheep, but I also believe time is money (in some way or another), so I would rather not spend (wasted) time trying to get a point across.

i know i would end up not wasting my time either, i guess within 100 miles of the border is acceptable, because there is a problem. i saw one in tennesee where they did a drivers license check - just had to show that you had one and move on, and a guy got held up for half an hour saying no, then finally let go.

Last edited by footer; 07-27-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Old 08-05-2014, 01:10 AM   #142

What engine design ?

If I may but in, I can't see the top of the motor in any of these pics or utubes. Is the motard have an over head valve motor (pushrod) or over head cam motor ?

Old 08-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #143

OHV or OHC engine ??

Old 08-05-2014, 08:02 AM   #144

the tmec 200s are overhead valve.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:29 PM   #145

Went out for a little ride today. Haven't really had a lot of time to do that as my schedule has been jammed lately. Here is a pic of my stop at a local school.

Old 08-17-2014, 07:45 PM   #146

How do you like that headlight?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #147

I haven't really been out in total darkness so it's hard to tell if it's good or not. In the semi twilight I was out in it seemed sufficient.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:29 PM   #148

I have always liked the red TMECs best.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 08-19-2014, 02:54 PM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
I have always liked the red TMECs best.
Oh yes....red is definitely the faster of the two colors.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #150

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894