Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 02:39 PM   #1

need picture 2007 lifan gy-5 shock

can someone please post a picture of the shock on the 2007 200gy-5 showing the configuration of the coil spring. a close up of it from bottom to top mount. ive searched the forum and cant find any. thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 PM   #2

Old 08-15-2007, 12:24 AM   #3

thanks knothead. i was afraid that it would be a tiny little nothing like my hensim 150. at least you have 8 coils, mine is only 6 and the total lenth from end coil to end coil is about 4". allso this is how bad they dropped the ball designing this shock, the spring doesent even cover half the shock length which is why it rides so bumpy even when the dirt is pretty smooth. if i wasnt bying myself a bigger bike that shock would go. i know theres more to travel and rideing comfort than just how many coils, but after haveing my little kayak pit bike with 10 or 12 coils the rear travel was at least 8" it was very impressive.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #4

Yes - the # of coils or length of the spring is not really a fair way to judge a shocks performance. There are different spring rates, internal valving and other factors that come into play.

The factory seat foam is a little stiff on the Hensim (and every china bike I've been on) - which can make some bumps seem harsher, but the ride overall doesn't seem that bad to me. I'm not saying the Hensim suspension is the best on the market - because it certainly is not, but it's better than I was expecting - especially since there are no adjustments on it.
'02 Kawasaki KX125