Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #16

Do you need a 520 sprocket? I bought one from hooperimports.com.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:40 PM   #17

Hi katoranger , I`ve tried the suggested JTF328 and it didn`t fit ,took it back today and ordered a JTF327 , all websites I`ve read on the 163FML say the CRF 150F sprockets interchange ,I hope so cause local dealer here said this one I can`t return ?? Its off a 2003-2006 bike .Do you have the dimensions of your sprocket? Or part # pls ? I`ve had no luck even asking for parts around here as when I mention Lifan they all get anal in giving me the time of day ,Here are the sprocket specs I have found ,still can`t find the original Lifan sprocket specs , I do know its 20mm shaft but that's it , I`m having a bad feeling bout the CRF sprocket ,I think I should have ordered a Cr125R sprocket as well , thanks Bill

Old 08-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #18

Try this. They are not cheap.

http://www.hooperimports.com/product...id=CSS520-Vert

Old 08-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #19

Thanks for the link , a lot of good info on that site ..

Old 08-05-2013, 11:44 PM   #20

Well today I dug out the wiring pieces and wired it up in the non starter mode ,What a mistake lol ,,,
Put some 91 Octane in the tank and attempted to kick it over ,OUCH ,, kicked her about 6 times then decided to cheat and put some gas down the sparkplug hole , good thing I did cause the spark plug wasen`t even tight in the threads , did the gas and 3 kicks later it roared to life wakeing up the neighbor hood haha , the throttle cable I got is to short as its from my old pitbike , about 1/4 throttle is its lowest ,its Loud ,it only had the exhaust header pipe on it ( about 10 " ) ,ran really smooth ,I`m pleased ,now I need to pick up a complete throttle and cable ,a clutch lever and cable , a front brake lever , battery , a kill switch , and fab up my exhaust , will put some pics up soon ,working tomorrow so mayby Thursday..
I herd the stock XR200 clutch cable doesn't match up good the the Lifan ? Does this mean I should get the Lifan only one ?
Weldandgrind , is there any place in Abby I could get the Lifan clutch cable ??

Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #21

I actually ran into the clutch cable issue last night on Son of Weldangrind's Lifan. The cable that came with the bike was too short for a standard lever, and the Roketa cable I have is stretched beyond being useable.

The XR200 cable might work, but it has a short clutch lever on the clutch cover, whereas the China clones have a long lever.

In the end, I ripped the cable off of my Beast atv, and it was a perfect fit. I can't think of anywhere other than Saga in Langley for a replacement (other than online).

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #22

A little update lol . I`m waiting on the next pay check as I ran outta moola again , have driven the bike around the trailer park here a few times and am pleased with this combo , need to finish exhaust , rear brake pedal attachment , 2 more motor mounts still and now either a shorter intake manifold or move the rear mono shock back 1- 1 1/2 "s in order to get a air filter on it , theres 1/2" space between carb and shock right now , still looking for my lost camcorder too . I`m going to make a list of the interchange parts I`ve used also , been searching high and low to see if the 169FML cylinder would bolt in this crankcase but no luck ,I found some measurements and the crankcase would have to be opened up for the 69mm bore , and am thinking of contacting this place in Abbotsford that regrinds camshafts , to see if it would be possible to machine a cam ( single lobe I know ) with mayby another 5-10degrees duration and more lift , I feel its doable and think a 20 Hp is obtainable ,, and Weldandgrind I used a 1996-2002 Honda XR 400 clutch cable , it worked really well , Bill

Old 08-18-2013, 01:16 AM   #23

Hi again , tinkered today on exhaust ,its pretty much done , need to get the O ring gasket yet between pipe and cylinder head , take exhaust off and shorten it about 6"s where the homemade baffle sits Lol , and then repaint it all black ,its slow coming but I am so impressed with this engine , cheers Bill

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #24

Do you mean Colt Cams in Aldergrove? I bought a cam from Jeff 11 years ago, for my old 267.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-18-2013, 10:39 PM   #25

Hi , ya could be the place ,I lost the name of it years ago but I know theres a place that regrinds camshafts ,, I actually have a new piston for the old Atc 185s I have , its out of a 1984 Atc 200X , 65mm bore , 15mm pin and down the road I could use it in this engine if I can`t find a larger sleeve and bore for the Lifan , I`d like to find a 69-72mm bore along with the reground cam ..
It seems as though not many people have tried to mod this particular engine and I think its doable ,20-22 Hp would be sweet ..
On a side note I`ve decided to get all my lights ,mirrors , horn for it over the winter and hopefully get it inspected next spring and license it for the road . I have a new speedo for it now and the control switch for the lights ,signals and horn ,am I going to have to put a trials tire on it for the road ? The lady I talked with @ Icbc didn`t know if I could run the knobby dirt tires .
What do ya think about having the cam lobe reground ?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:28 PM   #26

As long as the tires have a DOT mark, you can run 'em. Aside from non-DOT tires being illegal, they can be dangerous in the rain. As you're well aware, we get some rain around here.

I've been thinking about regrinding a CG cam. A Google search hasn't turned up much in terms of a performance CG cam, other than some from China. Who knows if they actually have a different profile than any other CG cam. I might order one just so i can measure it.

There might be more HP found in a programmable CDI. Humanbeing posted links to a CDI that has a USB port, and it comers with software necessary to plot your own ignition curve. That gets the gears turning for me.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #27

Hi all , haven`t got to much more done lately ,been broke lol ,searched high @ low and my cam corder is no where ?? Anyways to keep ya all happy went and bought a new camera today so I can follow through with pics and a ViDeO for ya guys and Gals ,tomorrow will do the video ,neighbours her get anal about me riding in da park ..
I`v ordered all the parts outta ChInA through ebay to get it on the road next year , control switch= $ 5.60
Mirror mounts= $ 4.95
Mirrors= $ 8.95
Horn ( 105 Db ) = $ 4.50
Signal lights ( 4 ) = $ 9.95
Ignition switch = $ 4.95
Speedo = $ 19.95
All have free shipping to Canada

Old 08-31-2013, 01:03 AM   #28

I bought those very signals for Son of Weldangrind's Lifan, and the rear ones broke in about 50km. They're fine for the front, but I'm gonna order flexible signals for the rear. Live and learn, but it's only a $7.00 lesson.

Old 08-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #29

What part of them broke ? Do you think putting a good rubber bushing between the mount and arm of the light would help ?

Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #30

Update , video uploaded for ya in the Vid @ Pictures forum , Bill