Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2008, 02:57 AM   #46

Well, I cut the frame today the same way that our bikes don't have the frame below the motor and tried to mount the motor but found that this is not going to work :x

The carb is the issue. There is no space for the carb at all as this would mean cutting the frame at the top where the rear shock mounts and this would mean that there would be no strength in the frame and defeat the whole idea! 8O

So as it stands now, I've welded the frame back together and will try putting my 94 YZ250 motor in this 2000 frame on Sunday. I did try this last Sunday but may have been a bit too hasty when I thought the expansion chamber would not fit correctly. :?

I'll part the 94 frame and sell that off to try make some money back. This also leaves me with a spare motor for the China bike. :wink:

Thanks for all the support and I'm sorry I could not do this project more justice!

Old 03-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #47

You are no longer allowed on chinariders.net :x

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 03-14-2008, 05:23 PM   #48

I hope I have better luck with my China/Blaster otherwise I'll only be able to lurk around on this site.

It's to bad it isnt going to work out for you.
I fear that the engine in the chinablaster is going to be to tall also but I'll just rework the mount higher for the tank for clearance if needed.Atleast a blaster engine is air cooled so it is a bit bigger than a water cooled 2-stroke.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #49

Just watch you don't have the same oversight I did with how high the carb comes out of the barrel! Make sure that there is no structural frame in the way because moving the carb away from the engine will not allow enough fuel in when required and you would end up stalling all the time.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #50

Thats what a sawzall and welder are for.

Did you look around for a different intake manifold that has a better angle for your application.

I would have liked to have seen pics of the engine set up in that frame.

Old 03-14-2008, 06:20 PM   #51

My replacement engine came with a straight intake manifold that would not fit in my lifan. The stock lifan manifold is curved which changes the carb placement drastically. Just reinforcing team cheaps advice

Old 03-15-2008, 12:48 AM   #52

When I tried to install the 30mm carb, it would not fit the frame correctly. It hit the right frame rail. Some simple finesing, and removal of the acceleartor pump made it fit perfect. The intake and carb of the original engine stuck straight out. This maybe the intake and carby set up you need. There are two intakes, those on the lifans, and those on the other. The 30mm intake will take the 27mm carb, but not vice-versa. Get a standard honda-chengshin, ets intake, and it will likely fit without issues.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:17 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT
My replacement engine came with a straight intake manifold that would not fit in my lifan. The stock lifan manifold is curved which changes the carb placement drastically. Just reinforcing team cheaps advice
I bought a new intake manifold but that is not the issue! The issue is that the carb is to high and has no chance of fitting with the frame in the way.

Old 03-15-2008, 02:25 AM   #54

Well some things just aren't meant to be.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:24 AM   #55

It would have been neat to see, But there are tons of bikes at the boneyards...I bet that motor won't go to waste.

Old 08-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #56

1x 13 tooth 520 front sprocket (JTF 328)

Note on that sprocket ,, I am building my Xr framed 163FML powered bike ,your JTF 328 sprocket is wrong ,I ordered the 328 and it didn`t fit the countershaft ,the correct one is a JTF 327 from a 2003-2006 Honda CRF 150F model bike ,it is a 520 series chain