Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #1

No Spark

Hi guys,

Need some help with my bike, I'm not getting any spark from my 200gy, I checked the Stator and have power from the different windings. I have voltage going to the cdi box, but nothing from the box to the coil. Does anyone know if these bikes use a magnetic pickup to trigger the spark, or do use voltage flucations to trigger? I was leaning towards getting a new cdi box from hooperimports.com as they are just a few mile from my home, but don't want to through $60 at the bike, when it could be a pickup in the engine.

Any help would be great.

Jon
Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it good, it also doesn't mean it's bad, an item's value can only be calculated by comparing how much it costs, how much use you get out of it, and how well an item preformes it's intended use.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:42 PM   #2

Should be a pick-up coil. It will be located inside the left side case cover, reading a magnet on the flywheel. It generates the ignition pulse.

Pull the cover and inspect. Take down the wiring colors and reassemble, then put a meter on the two wires and test for AC while spinning the motor. It may be tough to see, depending on your meter. A nice one with peak reading hold is handy.

Be very careful pulling the case cover. Lean the bike on it's side, or drain the oil. Try not to tear the gasket...

Old 07-14-2007, 05:47 PM   #3

Ok I'll give it a try today and let you know how it goes thanks for the quick reply.

Jon
Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it good, it also doesn't mean it's bad, an item's value can only be calculated by comparing how much it costs, how much use you get out of it, and how well an item preformes it's intended use.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #4

OK, got her running again, the trigger wire was squashed up against the engine by the sprocket cover, surprized it didn't effect me earlier. Anyway a couple snipps and a little solder later, I'm back in operation.

Thanks for the help.
Jon