Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2012, 10:37 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
As usual, I agree with Weld. Here's a link to a thread at China Riders regarding how to perform a valve adjustment.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1655

Spud
Tombstone, in case you're not familiar, the link that Spud kindly provided is for an overhead cam engine. If you show us a close-up shot of the top of your engine, we can let you know which type you have for sure.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 08-29-2012, 11:11 AM   #17

Thanks man, MICRider was right that's my engine http://www.pccmotor.com/lifan-200cc-...-bike2005.html do u still need me to take a picture of mine or will that page give all the necessary info?

And to whoever asked what paint I used yea it was green camo krylon fusion its great.

Edit - from what I can tell the tutorial Spud posted is on an engine quite similar to mine, mine has a top piece cap to take off though not those 2 bolts, I just quickly went thru it very late last night but it looks promising.

Thanks for your help so far everybody, some of the mysteries are clearing up which is a really good start from where I was a few days ago.

I think I'll try and remove the cover plate over my front sprocket and make sure its not loose too after seeing the 2 bolts holding it on in MICRiders lifan engine link.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM   #18

You have the pushrod engine then. Follow those instructions.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #19

ok thanks a lot guys!

Can someone tell me what type of feeler guages i need to do this? I did a quick google search and it comes up with what seems to be many different types, some are metric too. :?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:25 PM   #20

Any set of points style gauges from the auto parts store will work. Spark plug sizes will not work.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #21

Send a message via MSN to 450-WheelieBoyz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MICRider
Quote:
Originally Posted by 450-WheelieBoyz
<div>I now own a 2011 X31 250cc!
</div>

with a non-original engine???

liftan engine is costs less than the Gio engine??

nice paint!
I don't think the Lifan would be any cheaper, I'm guessing that the previous owner blew up the original engine and the Lifan was easier to find for replacement purposes. The reason that the kickstart is probably wonky is because the 200cc Lifan is sold as a replacement for ATV's and motorcycles, this one might have the ATV kicker.
http://www.pccmotor.com/lifan-200cc-...-bike2005.html

Edit: I just checked GIO's website and they are charging $699 for a replacement OHC engine... So, I'm guessing price was a factor in choosing the Lifan as well.

350$ Liftan engine 200cc vs 700$ Gio x31 250cc. thanks now i get it

Old 08-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #22

well guys i think you answered all my hopes and dreams lol, sounds like i should be able to do this myself so i'll give it a shot.

I really appreciate everyone's help on this one, when I figure this out i'll be back with more questions!

My electrical system needs work, which reminds me someone asked if my electric start works, it does but my kick start doesnt seem to. I can feel a slight electric shock sometimes in the clutch and front brake, and theres places on the wires where you can see melted spots.. but we'll save that for another day.

thanks again guys