Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #1

Ready to buy a Chinese 200cc Enduro...

I've searched for these threads everywhere, but I can't seem to find a "Best place to buy" thread.

I'd prefer local purchase in Austin, TX, but I google'd and can't find any freakin' dealers anywhere around.

I wouldn't mind 799 + 199 shipping for 1k delivered, but I dont know which is the best site to choose from (availability, reputable, reliable, etc)

Could you guys point me to the best sites to order the Lifan 200GY-5 from?

I'd very much like to order one of these in the next week and I'm trying to make sure I don't get a piece of junk.

Old 06-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #2

American Lifan is based out of Dallas, TX. There is probably a local dealer new you, but I don't think you will get one for grand unless they have an 06 leftover to sell.

Allen

Old 06-15-2007, 02:34 PM   #3

I thought Rocketa was a rebranded Lifan and could be had for 799 plus 199 shipping?

http://www.powersportsmax.com/produc...roducts_id/612

Are the 799 200cc bikes at this page any good?

I've heard of Rocketa, Maxfine, Lifan America, etc.

Which would be the best brand for first time purchase? I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and I'd like to sell my Honda CM200T cheap and it put the funds towards an Enduro.

Old 06-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #4

[quote="krevo"]I thought Rocketa was a rebranded Lifan and could be had for 799 plus 199 shipping?

I have never heard that one before. Alot of these bikes are very close in appearance and some even use the same motors, but as far as I know, Roketa is not a Lifan re-branded.

Old 06-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #5

The Roketas are either Zongshen or Shineray based. Lifan used to OEM for companies, but seems to have stopped to concentrate on their own brand.

As far as the proverbial $1000 bike; make sure you are a very good mechanic (i.e., that is your profession, or you are in that league), or you know someone who is. These bikes seem to need more tender care/prep than your average vehicle. Also, keep in mind that there is little to no warranty on a mail-order bike, and that they often arrive with shipping damages, and the mail-order company won't honor the warranty.

Not to scare you away, but there have been many posts starting about 5 or 6 months ago laying into online mail order companies. Some of them used to be reliable, maybe up to about 8 months ago, but now the ranks are thinning, and those left have more orders than they can handle, and are fast becoming unreliable.

It would be worth your time to find a physical dealer nowadays. 6 months ago, the answer might have been different, but times seem to be changing.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-15-2007, 09:10 PM   #6

what about Moto Xtreme? He seems to have the nice Lifans shipped for 1299-1399?

And he posts here so that's good, isn't it?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #7

He is really a space alien. No, just kidding! He has some deals going, but you do have to assemble the bike. I don't think you get the warranty, either. He is on the up and up, and is reputable. I would definitely put him on the top of the list as far as mail ordering, if that is indeed the route you are going.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-15-2007, 10:07 PM   #8

Brian at motoxtreme will send you a bike, but in order for the warranty to be good it needs to be assemble by a motorcycle shop. Not that alot us can't do better than most of the so call shops around. Brian has the 07 GY-5 for $1395 shipped on his website.

Allen

Old 06-15-2007, 10:27 PM   #9

There are a few "rules" that should be followed. If you can find a dealer near you, I would go that route. It can be {is} hard for real dealers to stay in business with hundreds of "mail order" companies out there that don't care about you, your bike, warranty, or anything but your hard earned dollar! I myself encourage people to vivst a local dealer if there is one. If I can answer any questions you may have, let me know.

Previously owned / operated MOTO Xtreme selling American Lifan / Check out my friends at www.armattanquads.com

"Imagination is more important that knowledge" Albert Einstein

Old 06-15-2007, 11:33 PM   #10

Here is the link to American Lifan, They can help find a dealer.
If You cannot find one close by there are a couple of people on here who can sell You a bike and are not some fly by night Ebayer.

http://www.americanlifan.com/lifan2/