Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
If by hill you mean high cliff then yeah I think 90mph would be doable then. but who'd ride it down?
Ok ok I'll do it (again) but if they use the video of it on their web site I want royalties and I'll need a new helmet

Old 06-07-2007, 06:38 PM   #32

Send a message via Yahoo to STcoldcrzy
your in his pictures on rabbit too geeez lol

Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #33

I called the number for Galata on Ebay, and spoke to the customer service rep. I was very nice and told the guy (I fudged the truth slightly) and said that I "have a minority interest in Chinariders, and you guys might have violated our copyright by taking some of the photos." I remained nice, and did not laugh out loud, and the guy claimed he would forward this information to the web guy because they did not want to be in violation. It was kind of funny, to say the least, so we shall see if I bluffed them enough.

I figure that even though I don't really own any part of this site, I don't think that anyone should be able to take our photos from it, and use them for their commercial interests. Frostbite, maybe I overstepped my boundaries, but I am looking out for all of us here. Perhaps that will be one other place I stop by in a few weeks when I get to the greater L.A. metropolitan area (I plan to stop by Tank, too).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 06-07-2007, 10:39 PM   #34

Well I asked the seller a question about it... sort of, I pretended interested, and asked them why the bike in the snow didn't have fork gaurds, also asked if the bikes were american lifans... Waiting on a reply from them... After that I am going to tell them to remove my review, since it is not a review of thier product or service...

Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
After that I am going to tell them to remove my review, since it is not a review of thier product or service...
Jim, I told the customer service rep about that, too.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-08-2007, 12:10 AM   #36

And I still have not heard anything from American Lifan, Doubt I will either.

Old 06-08-2007, 12:21 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamCheap
If by hill you mean high cliff then yeah I think 90mph would be doable then. but who'd ride it down?
depends on how high the cliff is :? , If it were high enough the bike could reach terminal velocity and break 130 mph. Whatta a ride that would be

Old 06-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #38

Probably be alot of fun until the bottom

Old 06-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #39

Quote:
Frostbite, maybe I overstepped my boundaries, but I am looking out for all of us here.
Yes, you did. :evil:

I don't own the photo, its Jim's. I'm just providing a place to host it. Subsequently it's up to him to have it removed from EBay if he so chooses.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 06-08-2007, 01:07 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
Quote:
Frostbite, maybe I overstepped my boundaries, but I am looking out for all of us here.

Yes, you did. :evil: .
IMHO...

We shouldn't get angry at eachother over this, there's just about NO liabilities on either side of this dispute. The only thing we can really do is complain... I say everyone call the company. Were all part of this website, frostbite may run it, but its ALL of our posts that make this site what it is.

Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkomp316
Quote:

Yes, you did. :evil: .
IMHO...

We shouldn't get angry at eachother over this, there's just about NO liabilities on either side of this dispute. The only thing we can really do is complain... I say everyone call the company. Were all part of this website, frostbite may run it, but its ALL of our posts that make this site what it is.
Yeah, but you are missing a BIG point here. This site has been named now in this complaint, and it's Frostbites a$$ if anything comes down the pike from it. I'd be pi$$ed too if I was him. I think he restrained his emotions pretty well, considering.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 PM   #42

It wasn't a complaint, but rather a suggestion, or "hint." Having lived in California, lawsuit country, companies are stupid for doing anything to get themselves into one, and Galata made a big move into that direction by taking people's photos without their permission. It seemed like the photos were being taken from this site, where many of us have put our photos, so I politely reminded the company to stop. I don't think that those pictures are there for commercial exploitation by anyone, with the possible exception of Frostbite, if he so chooses.I couldn't imagine that they would be able to turn this around onto Chinariders or Frostbite or me for that matter. They used photos of others for commercial gain; a big no-no, at least in Calif. Using Jim's review and hinting that it was written for them is another no-no, along the lines of fraud.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 06-08-2007, 02:30 PM   #43

Send a message via MSN to liverchip
Looks like the photos are still there.

2007 X-Moto(Jetmoto) GY250
--mods---
15/40 sprockets
UNI Pod Filter

2007 Shineray TMS 200XYi--Betsy
Betsy Mods:______________________
Acerbis DHH headlight
FMF Powercore pipe
Uni Pod Filter

Old 06-08-2007, 04:19 PM   #44

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
If it were my pic, i would care less, but when they use a review quoting someone about the product, thats BS. I would be pretty pissed in that case. Especially if it were for a different company that i had never dealed with. I know that i use pics from other sites for my personal use, but i wouldn't try to use their pics without permission for monetary gain. Thats just wrong.

I don't think Frostbite would recieve any crap about this just for the plain old fact that i doubt anyone will do anything about this in general.

The whole situation with these chinabikes online is kinda crazy. There are so many people getting their hands into the pot, that its hard to keep track of who is who, who is selling what, especially with all the copyright infringement and the borrowing of pics from other sites that show a representative example of the bike you May get. i know that some sites show bikes that arent even close to the bike you will get, where-as others show actual photos of their bikes. More crazy is how the names of the companies selling products dont match up to their websites, and their websites can be linked to other merchants websites for pics and info. Its a strange and confusing process to decipher.

I digress... Its a pain, there is no china-bike police and frankly its people's own fault if they don't research these things a little bit beforehand. I know i spent at least 3 weeks looking around online, researching, calling and etc to see what bike i was going to get. I am glad i got what i did, i just wish i had known more about the registration process.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:10 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
If it were my pic, i would care less, but when they use a review quoting someone about the product, thats BS. I would be pretty pissed in that case.
Well exactly... Like I said earlier in this thread, I DONT care about the picture... (Which was not lifted from here, it was actually lifted from powersportsnetwork review, however the other peoples who were lifted I am not sure where they came from). I am only concerned about them using my review of someone elses product/service to sell thier lies.