Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 01:28 AM   #1

Aftermarket Parts???

Hey everyone another newby from ft bragg here. just purchased a db05 from xxx-motorsports.com and im due to receive it any day now. im just wondering about aftermarket mods i can do to it to gain just a little more hp. if you have any suggestions let me know please. any home mods u know of?? or any aftermarket fitting parts?? also just a question since its pretty much a honda u know can u fit some honda parts on it or no?? let me know thanks
Mark

Old 11-14-2006, 08:31 PM   #2

Re: Aftermarket Parts???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbeir
Hey everyone another newby from ft bragg here. just purchased a db05 from xxx-motorsports.com and im due to receive it any day now. im just wondering about aftermarket mods i can do to it to gain just a little more hp. if you have any suggestions let me know please. any home mods u know of?? or any aftermarket fitting parts?? also just a question since its pretty much a honda u know can u fit some honda parts on it or no?? let me know thanks
Mark
Dad and I drilled out the baffles in our mufflers. This was a noticable improvement with negligible noise increase. Still may remove the end and gut it, then weld the end cap back on. Could have some minor gain.

I'm still kinda hoping to hear of someone rejetting one of the 27mm ?? (PZ27 on the carb) with a Uni pod filter. I haven't gotten the filter yet, but I'd like to do the jetting and filter all about the same time.

Jason
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM   #3

DB-05

Mark,

You should get in touch with another member from this site "AMC31b" is also from Ft. Bragg with a DB-05. I also happen to have a DB-05 from xxx motorsports.

Make sure when you request your mso you specifically ask them to put "motorcycle" under body type. Otherwise as AMC can testify it may be hard to register in your state. My MSO from xxx said "Motorcycle" and I am happily registered.

Anyhow.. AMC was thinking about doing a lot of mods.. on his bike.. Not sure how far he got but. Im just trying to get my bike broken in at this point... 200 miles.. Minimum and still.. have a ways to go.. Then I will have a better idea of what to modify. I was really hoping to do something with a detachable cargo containter on the back.. of the bike.. still hashing it out at this point.

Best of Luck!! There are a few of us DB-05ers in the forum so hopefully between us, someone... will have an answer.

New England Trails

Old 11-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #4

Hey Mark
I'll be checking on an aftermarket exhaust for Blimpman today...I'll post it where he asked about it. There are not a lot of aftermarket parts for the Pushrod engine...if yours has an Overhead Cam there are parts that will work. I'm not sure what engine you have as I only sell the American Lifan brand of the enduro's.
Thanks, Bruce
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 12-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #5

Overhead Cam motors-Which Brands?

Can anyone tell me which brands/models of these 200cc bikes has the overhead cam motor?

Old 12-10-2006, 09:48 PM   #6

I know the Roketa RSX 200 aka DB 07a has the OHC engine. because I have one. cant speak for the other models

Old 12-11-2006, 08:10 AM   #7

My Diamo is an OHC motor.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #8

I 100 % agree with you

Old 04-21-2010, 01:31 AM   #9

wow. you a troll?