Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:01 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
all these wheelie people out there...

How the F are you are you all wheelie'n so damn easy, my lifan has barely enough grunt to spin the back tire out in the grass from a dead stop. I mean i have to YANK the bars up to get a wheelie or bounce the hell out of it.

I was just curious as i don't think my lifan wheelies that easy at all, but i keep reading all these posts about how easy they wheelie.

I was wondering if i suck, or if everyone's testosterone is taking control of the truth.

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:04 AM   #2

What posts are you talking about?? If someone has a bike geared for the road (17/46) and they are doing wheelies "easily", they must have the H.O. version of the China Bike 200cc engine 8O .

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2022 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 RWHP!

Old 06-05-2007, 11:18 AM   #3

I must be getting old, But I have never tried to wheelie the bike.
Maybe after I buy a helmet and some buttpads I will give it a shot.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #4

Re: all these wheelie people out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsuave13
How the F are you are you all wheelie'n so damn easy, my lifan has barely enough grunt to spin the back tire out in the grass from a dead stop. I mean i have to YANK the bars up to get a wheelie or bounce the hell out of it.

I was just curious as i don't think my lifan wheelies that easy at all, but i keep reading all these posts about how easy they wheelie.

I was wondering if i suck, or if everyone's testosterone is taking control of the truth.
WHAT! I find it hard to keep the front wheel on the ground :roll: (joking) depending on how steep of hill I'm on No your correct it's not easy to do but it can be done but shouldn't be. I do it from a slow roll in first give it 2 reves with the clutch it then dump it and pull hard. and the rack will scrape :twisted:

Old 06-05-2007, 12:45 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
yea your not gonna get much of a throttle wheelie, gonna have to dump it in first... not the best thing for you or your bike.

Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to mdsuave13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdsuave13
that is what i was assuming, people were mentioning in other posts about how easy it is to wheelie, unless i pop the clutch in first and yank, it will not come up at all...

I don't do it, although i did try a few times when i was bored in a parking lot

2008 Kawasaki KLR650 Candy Lime Green

I am the official China bike registration Guru For the State of Maryland..... HA.

Old 06-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #7

Not even going to attempt a wheelie. I don't think the bike would hold up to too many. I still have good takeoff with the new 17/45 combo and it can spin the tire in the dirt and grass.

I plan to have fun with both tires on the ground. Now my old radian would easily wheelie with the throttle.

Allen

Old 06-05-2007, 07:37 PM   #8

these bike can take more than you think. i wheelie my roketa (17/42) atleast 10 times a week by hitting a little bump with the front tire and gasing it in first. i also jump my bike 6 feet high once in a while when i go to this little jump by my house. i'm going to try and get some video of it this weekend. :twisted:

Old 06-05-2007, 07:44 PM   #9

I just don't want to abuse it since I need to depend on it to get me around. Maybe after a couple years of service I can play harder with it. I think the weak point is the engine bolts. The frame is going to spread with constant abuse. Hondas do it too. That is the idea behind the engine cradles.

Allen

Old 06-05-2007, 07:49 PM   #10

yeah i have been thinking about replacing the engine mount bolts with grade 10.9 bolts. i seriously jump it pretty high. i also tend to hit holes and such allot. i bent my rim twice sunday.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #11

Quote:
I mean i have to YANK the bars up to get a wheelie or bounce the hell out of it.
Well, there ya go. I know a guy that can wheelie anything, name's Larry Locklear and he is one crazy old SOB. I've seen him wheelie a 6 hp Derbie 50cc motard several blocks....one handed, smoking a cigarette with his left hand, no helmet. The guy is one fast dude on a superbike, too, has run some AMA pro, WERA national endurance, and such and he was a pro flat tracker, even done some MX I believe.

I can wheelie my XR100s pretty easily, take a little pop of the clutch and a yank at the bars. Before I regeared the Diamo, I could wheelie first for a little ways, not too far. I'm not Larry Locklear.

Here's my little racing buddy Derek Wagnon on his bone stock 8 hp XR100. He cuts some amazing laps on that thing. He practices his wheelies. You may be seeing him in a few years on speed TV, never know. :wink: Ben Spies used to race with us, the Hayden brothers and their sister, Colin Edwards got his start on YSR Yamahas, etc.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #12

BTW, I really oughta sell it I guess before it gets me in trouble, but my SV650 is a wheelie monster. I really gotta watch myself, control myself cause it's so easy. I've walked it through 4 gears before, set it down close to 100 mph. First to second is no big feat and it'll run 70 mph in second at red line. But, around town, I'm a good boy 99.99 percent of the time. I don't need no more tickets. But, that bike makes me feel like Larry Locklear.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #13

Send a message via AIM to madmaximum Send a message via Yahoo to madmaximum
My 77 kawi 3 cylinder 2 stroke takes no dumped clutch, no yank on the bars, you just punch it in 1st & get ready to let off.
I had a radian like katoranger, & it would wheelie pretty easily on rolling hills. Katoranger, did you ever look into the fazer? Nice bike but TWICE the money as the radian.
1977 Kawasaki KH400, aka Green Ripper

Old 06-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #14

Mine won't wheelie worth a poo but our GY-2 with a 56 rear sprocket comes up pretty easy.
The little 110 pit bikes we got in wheelie with ease in 1st and 2nd. Those bikes are a blast!

Old 06-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum
My 77 kawi 3 cylinder 2 stroke takes no dumped clutch, no yank on the bars, you just punch it in 1st & get ready to let off.
I had a radian like katoranger, & it would wheelie pretty easily on rolling hills. Katoranger, did you ever look into the fazer? Nice bike but TWICE the money as the radian.
I bought it used for $600. The radian was a cheap sportbike. It was alot of fun.

Allen