Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #1

tao tao 110 atv problem please help!!!

this is my first post here, i'm glad to be a part of the group!! i found this site while searching for service info for my sons 110cc taotao atv.i was wondering if anyone could help me on a problem with it. i purchsed a new carb (pz20) and installed. at first it would crank and run but would not sit still at idle. i adjusted the fuel and idle screws to no avail. i read earlier today about adjusting the needle in the throttle body. i adjusted it to the same setting as the old carb, the middle or third notch. (the carb came with it set at the fourth one down, second closest to the tip.) i also found that the throttle cable adjustment affected the atv sitting still at idle. when i ran it again, with some tinkering on the screws it ran great for about twenty minutes and then went dead. now it will crank and run at idle, but when you throttle it dies. i tried to re adjust the screws to no avail again. i have several questions:
what are the starting screw settings?
what is the best needle settings?
does the throttle cable adjustment affect idle?
what is the whole valve adjustment procedure?

Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #2

carb or clutch?

Sorry for the late reply,but else than spraying some carb cleaner around the carb and seeing if you have any vacumm leaks.
I would think about the clutch if its engaged and causing the engine to die.Make sure the drive chain isnt to tight also,good luck.