Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2011, 02:21 PM   #1

Trailer Hitch?

Got me a couple Tao Tao atvs that I'd like to pull a small yard trailer behind. Has anyone seen or posted any ideas for adding a hitch to the axle? I tried a search but for some reason only one page shows up. If I click on NEXT or another page to view more results the website says that there is no more results however it shows more pages that can be clicked. Hope that made sense.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #2

http://www.google.ca/search?q=adding...w=1003&bih=596

Old 07-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #3

Re: Trailer Hitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPACA9
Got me a couple Tao Tao atvs that I'd like to pull a small yard trailer behind. Has anyone seen or posted any ideas for adding a hitch to the axle? I tried a search but for some reason only one page shows up. If I click on NEXT or another page to view more results the website says that there is no more results however it shows more pages that can be clicked. Hope that made sense.
Try searching in IE. It seems to be the only permanent solution to that problem for me.

I'm going to do the trailer hitch but I'm not really going by anyone else's ideas. I'm just going to weld a bolt sticking straight up off the axle carrier and use an eye bolt to tie the trailer up.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #4

seems this site isn't firefox friendly. Couldn't even post a reply with firefox. Had to open the link with IE. I'm taking the sprocket to my machine shop guy to see if he can make me a couple 13 tooth ones and I'll see what ideas he has for a hitch option.

Old 07-19-2011, 03:38 PM   #5

Sprockets are like $4 on eBay. Why not just buy one?

Old 07-19-2011, 03:47 PM   #6

funny. I didn't even think of checking on there. I rarely hit ebay for anything anymore. Been so into craigslist and local type stuff it wasn't even on my mind...lol

Old 07-22-2011, 06:59 PM   #7

I welded mine up from scratch for my Shinray 250 cc atv's. I made it attach to the two brackets where the rear axle goes throught the housing where you can adjust your chain tension and then those two bars go straight back to a plate that joins them and a hitch mount goes off of that in the middle.

Both of my atv's I tow a small trailer behind for when I want to go deep woods camping, hunting or even doing some yard work.

I can post a picture later.

Old 07-24-2011, 12:47 AM   #8

here are the hitch mounts I made for my ATV's

hope this helps. My trailers uzse a pin bt you could mounta ball too if yours needs a ball mount.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #9

I made a hitch for mine, but it mounted to the frame, not the axle/swing arm. It just hooked on at the shock mount and the rear of the frame.

It was like a receiver hitch, and then I could attach the other piece in there with the pin.