Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2011, 05:47 AM   #1

Italika DM150 update

7 months, 6000-8000km (est)
Its still alive!! im runing delvac 15-40 petrol. changing every month (1000-2000km) and using for both short,slow town trips hauling up 400lb people,ran through water deeper then the gascap ( slow wheelie) i have alot of dirt or waxt crap show up in my oilfilter... that i dont like!!

Speedo still works but odometer has not spun in a month its stuck on 3853km i need to take it apart again.

I melted the headlight socket somehow, i use the slightly blue light 30/30 watt like stock,with the original it was useless. I have had 3 dashlights die .... all other lights are stock wiring is original except i have a decorative LED running off the coil.... yea....

rear shock is way to stiff, the spring and shock dont seem to match.... i like squishy rear. any ideas to lighten it up?

Front forks seem fine, i will make a 1/2" spacer for the springs. Still looking for someone to make me some fork covers

rear tire is 70% front is 80/90%and i dont take it easy on it, i want new ones. they do really good in tropical rainstorms on blacktop even greasy blacktop. I have used it in several bad storms.smashing standing/flowing, water.50kph and shift weight forward, no problems with elect/air exept you can feel its a little choked and uses more gas

I reckon shes been down 20 times if you count the 3mph, oops it toutched dirt for 1/2second lay downs Both mirrors are broken now, right electrical control is .... redneck custom..... when it fals to the right the pressure on the throttle tube/grip pushes on the plastic thumb controls. breaking the little pin/hole security they use. JB weld ,a wood screw, some cloth and (good) adhesive. Just cut the grip to match the bars before you do the same. bars are good and strong

Compression is great, i have no guage but its GOOD. Good temps,good oil,weak clutch.

512 chain is doing fine! i even let it go untill it sounds dry/too dry, soak with gear lube, wipe clean and use for another month

front spokes got loose after that last offroad adventure. I have a tic tic tic as i roll slowly, any tips to tightening??

I run only premium gas because it does not like the cheap stuff....strange..

it like me is doing well in the tropics

:P

Old 07-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #2

Re: Italika DM150 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheavy150
front spokes got loose after that last offroad adventure. I have a tic tic tic as i roll slowly, any tips to tightening??
Great to hear! Concerning the spokes, one of these is a mandatory item. I check mine for looseness once every couple weeks and tighten if/as necessary.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-18-2011, 03:08 AM   #3

I think i did OK,they dont tick anymore but I need to put the bike on a stand and check trueness.

I made a foam filter by attaching a OEM moped filter to the plastic flange of the original paper filters. Took some black couragated plastic hose and used fire to make it shrink until it fit tight, black tape gasket and forced into flange. then a few wraps of thick cloth and some JB weld on the metal filter body. it has as much restriction as the original filter when it was 1/2 dirty.

Im happy with it,i had to give a mechanic $18 for an hour of his time. I did most the work I just needed a shop with tools.

I also got my bolt for mounting camera made,it will be on the side of the tank unless i can figure out a bar clamp.

Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 AM   #4

Thanks for the update, BH! I'm glad the bike is working well for you! If I may ask, where are you located?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #5

Jalisco, Mexico AKA redneck heaven V2.0

Old 07-25-2011, 11:12 PM   #6

There is a financial services company in Mexico “grupo elektra” they own and market the brand Italika through their online market place that is called Electra Online. They also claim 2000 dealers through out North/South and Central America.

They sell models that are Chinese manufactured and then assembled in Mexico, affordable and for the masses. They claim a 55% market share.

http://www.elektra.com.mx/Elektra/Mu...spx?sku=843438

Sells for about a grand in Mexico.

You got a photo of your motorbike guy?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oengus
There is a financial services company in Mexico “grupo elektra” they own and market the brand Italika through their online market place that is called Electra Online. They also claim 2000 dealers through out North/South and Central America.

They sell models that are Chinese manufactured and then assembled in Mexico, affordable and for the masses. They claim a 55% market share.

http://www.elektra.com.mx/Elektra/Mu...spx?sku=843438

Sells for about a grand in Mexico.

You got a photo of your motorbike guy?
Thanks for confirming what i mentioned before, i was right ´bout Elektra, but they claim HECHO EN MEXICO, which maybe not entirely true. also there are a few small companies who import dissasembled chinese 250cc bobbers, add custom paint and few extras and add a lot of pesos to the price...
I think the reason is Chinese products pay a high import Duty in Mexico
Thanks Oengus!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #8

Ya thanks, *cough*

I have to convince people of that. It also seems that italika Jets the bikes to run at some 5000 feet or so. I have made (long time ago) a hose that fit perfectly on the idle mix screw. I can cruise at 80kph now.... A (very)little hot and plug looks lean/too hot but so nice at 1/5 throttle.

They DO use good 8.8 bolts though and the steel seems strong but everything is rusting! but thats what i get for living nea'da beach

I spotted a bike that had cut the center out of a sprocket to make it fit, cruise at 100 with 1/4 throttle he claimed.but i think that it needs to fit nicely or kill the sprocket bolts. they are awfully soft.same for the clutch

I made a nice vid with my good cam. But its 1.8gig size caused it to not transfer. I think its these $5 memory chips, made in......china!

Anyway, I finaly tweaked the surprisingly strong handlebars. ...Becuse i was looking at the camera i missed the nice rain rut of packed sand/rocks infront and it came sooo close to killing the cam :evil: Just need a mem chip for the other borrato camera.

I think you guys will like them The roads here are pretty hardcore. And italika is prolly 35% of the vehicles on the road. There is a fer other china/china-mex bike names around. shorts and flipflops mandatory!

Old 07-29-2011, 06:48 AM   #9

This 150 sells for about $1,600.00