Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2011, 02:27 PM   #1

Hello Everybody!

So, I, at the moment, am in the process of getting an LF 200, and I am already coming across a few issues...
First and foremost, there is no title... I already know I am going to have to get a bonded one, but where is the best place to get it? the DMV and the tax collectors office are full of, well, I just wont go there... and a sidenote, where is the vin located?

Secondly, what kind of fun am I going to get myself into when I go about fixing the speedometer, that doesn't work?

And finally, what could cause the engine to cut off when idling?

Thanks for the help!

Old 05-05-2011, 02:39 PM   #2

Welcome to our world... :wink:

In WA we have privatly run DOL's that hav no lines and do a good job without having to deal with the DMV. I don't know what you have where you are at.

A common upgrade/repair for the speedometer is a non-wireless bicycle speedometer.

The most common carb issue is plugged jets and/or mis-set needle, poorly sealing float valve, leaky intake manifold, or plugged air filter.

Old 05-05-2011, 09:52 PM   #3

Welcome! Doc has given you the right prescription.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-06-2011, 02:54 AM   #4

Welcome; we are glad you joined us! Follow the advice of the good doctor.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-06-2011, 03:28 PM   #5

Thanks for the warm welcome! and for the advice!

Being based out of San Marcos Texas has its downfalls though... I called around to see if there were any places that could help me get around getting the title before doing anything else, but alas, its a no go. I have to send paperwork to Austin, and wait for them to appraise the bike. then I can get a bonded title from an insurance company...

So, wish me luck....

Old 05-06-2011, 04:10 PM   #6

Welcome to the forums, from one newb to another =P

I can tell you from my very recent beginning and understanding, this is the best import bike forum page to be a part of. I've already had great help with some issues on my previously used/abused chinese quad, and I'm sure the friendly folks here will continue to help us all figure this out, so we can end up helping other folks too.

Good luck with your title issue...being a resident of the bluegrass state and a true hillbilly location, we've got some play on that...I don't have a title and won't need one...as long as the bike's not stolen you're good to go ;-)