Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 PM   #1

Gio T3 Front Steering

Is the steering a bit messed up on these? For example: I turn right, the right wheel turns about 1/2 the distance of the left wheel. It doesn't matter which way I turn, the inside tire doesn't turn as sharp. The angle of the tires isn't the same when turning. I went over the whole front end and it seems good and tight.

Kevin

Old 05-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #2

Right/left front tires should not usually turn the same amount, this is know as ackerman steering geometry which works on the theory that the inside tire follows a smaller radii then the outside tire does in a turn, this is quite normal, but the way you are describing it seems like it has reverse ackerman, that is strange.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackerma...ering_geometry

EDIT. Just check my GIO Beast and it has normal ackerman steering, the inside tire always turns more than the outside tire.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:15 PM   #3

OK, I was wrong. It turns the opposite of what I posted. Waynev is right, mine turns the same.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 AM   #4

i thought you where talking about not having the same amoutn of steering input from lock to lock..

thats my issue and the only cure is a bunch of time with a high speed dremel and a grinding bit for it..