Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to jkomp316
Viva VX200S Model Change, purchase date?

According to the website it looks like they're selling a different model then what everyone on here has. Can anyone confirm this? I just purchased one last Friday so I will try and confirm this when it arrives. I know there was someone here that purchased one and it didn't arrive with colored wheels. Does anyone know when the last VIVA purchase was? (mine was may 11) I still have my fingers crossed that I will get an old style one, without colored wheels... But we'll have to see when it comes in. I don't think thier website is kept very accurate...

Maybe they changed the site/pictures because they no longer have color matched wheels and all the old pics showed that.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:32 PM   #2

Hi J

I know they have changed manufactures of the Vivas ,as far as the date I don't know. I ordered mine April 2 and got the old model with colored rims,tach etc manufactured by Jialing. I think now they are selling a terminatore as a viva which if memory serves is made by Roketa

Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #3

How do you know this?

Old 05-13-2007, 02:19 PM   #4

It's hard to tell since Viva's website is showing 2 different bikes with 2 different Engines, 1 OHV and 1 OHC, and both under the same model designation.

Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #5

yea, i'm thinking the website is inaccurate... i called them because i wanted blue or black and it wasnt an option on the website... the guy AVI had no problems with it, he was just like OK. thats why i was asking if anyone knows when the last VIVA purchase was? i plan on keeping everyone informed when mine arrives.

Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM   #6

may I ask what website seller you are referring too? I am considering the viva too as an option.

Allen

Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 PM   #7

this place

http://www.atvsimports.com/dirt-bike-200cc-enduro.html

If you can wait a week or so, I can fill you in on what i get. The old VIVA's were very nice for the money, I hope they still are, or maybe theyre still the same? They have many websites by the way. They all have different pricing, this link is the best deal. They're funny with thier online stuff, I'd advise calling them for ordering.

I'm still trying to confirm if someone has actually puchased a VIVA and recieved a "different" style. Or if everyone is just going by the different pictures online.

Old 05-13-2007, 10:28 PM   #8

Please keep us informed. I am leaning toward the viva based on the price right now. I am building up a fund selling off my other bikes so that I can buy a china bike. I want the OHC motor and inverted forks and dual discs. The tack would be nice. The rest is not real important to me.

The quote from Forest Gump fits here. "Life is like a box of chocolates. you never know what ya gonna get."

Thanks, Allen

Old 05-14-2007, 05:34 AM   #9

Here ya go guys, like Frostbite says: Search The Threads, it's on here.

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?n...ewtopic&t=1573
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-14-2007, 12:41 PM   #10

I've already seen that whole post. Its concerning a street bike, and he ordered off the website, wich was also inaccurate. That leads me to think that most of the website is innaccurate. Theres been many happy VIVA owners. Thats the only negative I've seen. They obviously don't spend much time/money on thier website/s it doesnt take a genious to figure that out. I called them for my order and an actual person awnsered after 2 rings. Like I said before, its a risk no matter where you get it or what kind you get. Just have to roll the dice and hope for the best. Its only $950... You could prob part it out on ebay for that much.

Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #11

Thanks for the link I did read that too and I am waiting to see how jkomp comes out. Since alot of others have ordered the bikes for this company and are happy with them. I also plan to use a CC to purchase for my protection.

I have to agree with the ebay comment. I part bikes everyday. Not many china parts on there so supply/demand would be favorable.

Allen

Old 05-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #12

I just got off the phone with viva. They answered on the first ring. I spoke with Avi and after being on hold for a few minutes he said that the 200cc enduro does NOT have the inverted forks and he didn't know on the engine, but also said it was a suzuki clone. He obviously wanted me to buy it now since he offered to knock off ten bucks. I will wait until jkomp gets his and see what happens. I have to say that ordering off the website might be a risky venture, but calling is probably safe if you are prepared to ask the right questions. Avi seems to be the sales person for this model as alot have talk to him.

Allen

Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #13

$10 bucks, what a deal!!!! Buy a LIFAN....

Old 05-14-2007, 09:48 PM   #14

After finding out that it has standard forks I think I am leaning strongly toward the lifan. If he really wanted to move a bike it will take more than 10 bucks for me.

jkomp any word on the delivery date?

Still curious to see what you get.

I am going to stop back and reevaluate the lifan I found.

Allen