Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2007, 06:07 AM   #1

Rattling to pieces

I'm closing in on 600 miles with my Roketa DB07 and things just seem to keep falling off. Even with Loctite. My right mirror (no kidding) has rattled off the mirror stem and flew off while I was on the highway. The heat guard on the exhaust pipe (near my leg) rattled off one of it's bolts and now it's sort of jerry rigged with another bolt and a bunch of washers. The oil cap has sort of fallen apart. Not the piece that actually screws into the engine and has the dipstick on it, but the metallic outside part that you would touch. Now it's going to be hard to open.

Needless to say, I'm fearful of how much more damage I can sustain here. When does the motor itself rattle off? Has anyone else had any trouble like this, and do you think xxx-motorsports will replace my mirror and maybe other parts? I have the extra 1 year of warranty. I need to get this fixed ASAP so I can go get my full license. I've been driving around with my permit, which does not allow you to drive after dark, and I work nightshift haha.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #2

Thats pretty much how both of our bikes are but we seem to catch the stuff before it hits the ground .

One serious item that loosened up on my wifes bike is the steering lock, not that we'd ever use it but the loose bolt could possibly have locked her steering which would have been very bad.
I took it off and just recently removed my steering lock from mine and yes it was just starting to loosen up.

These bikes are fun, kinda like going on one of those traveling amusement park rides :o .

Old 05-06-2007, 11:14 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
we also have two china bikes, and stuff comes lose all the time. we just titen it or reweld it or replace it and keep on going, It's part of the fun. If I just wanted to just get on it and go some place I have a Honda, not 2 Vivas and a sportster.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:18 PM   #4

I didnt start noticing anything coming loose or falling off until around 1000 miles. Then some of the things you've mentioned started to come loose. I finally added loctite where it was needed, and since then I've been OK. It kind of comes with the territory with these bikes. Hang wit 'em!

Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 PM   #5

Took my bike out today for the first time with the new engine installed and what a difference.
It came stock with the 200cc pushrod but I wanted to try the 200cc OHC engine and even though it was nowhere near a direct bolt in it still was totally worth it so far.

I noticed much much less vibration than the other engine, yes it still has some but only at a certain RPM range.

My other engine was ok just wanted to try the OHC.

Old 05-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheadouglas
I didnt start noticing anything coming loose or falling off until around 1000 miles. Then some of the things you've mentioned started to come loose. I finally added loctite where it was needed, and since then I've been OK. It kind of comes with the territory with these bikes. Hang wit 'em!
Ha. I screwed up my post. I should have said that I was approaching 1,000. I posted that at like 4 AM 8O. But It's at like 980 right now. I'm about to take it apart and do a bunch of work on it today.

I'm going to grease the axels, put some grease in where the spedo attaches to the front wheel because that big gap there always makes me worry about water.

Just yesterday I had to break a rust weld on the kickstart, It wouldn't rotate outward! So I'm gonna grease all of that. Uh huh. Then I'm going to locktite EVERYTHING and change the oil. I may change the rear intertube too. The stock front one blew out miles ago, I feel like I should probably change the other before it goes.

Any other suggestions?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #7

Use RED loctite. The blue is good but the RED is better, made for heat applications too.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)

Old 05-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #8

Check the screw holding your kickstarter. Lost mine two weeks ago.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:34 AM   #9

All I've lost so far was my helmet lock under the rear rack. My rear brake caliper also fell off but luckily the brake hose kept me from losing it.

I spent about 2 hours sitting on a milk crate next to the bike and removed every single bolt/nut/screw I could get a wrench on and re-assembled it with blue locktite. Nothing has fallen off lately.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:59 PM   #10

Damn Chinese metal! I sheared off three bolts earlier. Luckily I could remove all but one of them (rear skidplate bolt) and I went to Ace and got some proper hardened steal bolts to replace them. Now I have to figure out why my tail light is out and try to fix that. :?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:36 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to msRandi
I do not know if this will help. but I just found the ground wire broke off the tail light on my Viva. and then I droped the bulb os I need one of those too.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:03 PM   #12

I've gone through a couple these. Especially if you ride off road

Old 05-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRandi
I do not know if this will help. but I just found the ground wire broke off the tail light on my Viva. and then I droped the bulb os I need one of those too.
I had a blown bulb. I don't know if Viva's use the same bulbs as Roketas, but the part number is 7528(P21/5W) Sylvania. It's a European bulb. I had to search for it for a while, but it works.

Oh, does anyone know what the exact size for the oil plug bolt is? 22mm is too small, 24mm too big and they don't sell a 23. 7/26" was too small too. I can't keep returning wrenches!

Old 05-07-2007, 03:57 PM   #14

I have a 23mm (made in china) it will not fit 24mm seems to be the best fit. 6 point socket seem to fit best.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:02 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacstewart
I had a blown bulb. I don't know if Viva's use the same bulbs as Roketas, but the part number is 7528(P21/5W) Sylvania. It's a European bulb. I had to search for it for a while, but it works
I'm not sure either but I'll add it to the parts list at the top of this forum.
1995 Kawasaki Concours (ZG1000)