Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #1

almost done with my build

almost finished with my rebuild figured id do a quick post about what i have..

new rear axle bearings and seals, new free flowing intake, repainted the entire frame and body, rerouted wires to hide them from view, cut off all the metal tabs used to bult random things to that i have no need for to remove some weight. grease fitting installed in the rear axle housing and a seperate hole drilled and threaded as a source for air to escape the axle housing when i pump the grease into it..

currently waiting on my d.i.d chain and the msr black atv high bend bars i just ordered..

all thats left to buy is

protaper pillow top grips
new throttle/front brake control assy

once i order those she should be ready for her first start up of the year..

Old 03-08-2011, 02:17 AM   #2

Right on

Old 03-08-2011, 11:11 PM   #3

forgot to add to my list of things i have yet to buy, i need something to use as a choke lever. since switching to a different switch setup on the left side of the handle bars, ive lost the cable choke setup on the switch housing..

need to find a cheap hot start lever or just bite the bullet and order the 45 dollar dr.d cnc aluminum choke lever setup

Old 03-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #4

well i got my d.i.d. chain in today, very nice and very good quality so i am happy with it.. its maybe about 4 to 7 inches to long so i gotta cut it down to match the stocker..

kind of sucks, i wanted 2 stickers to come with the d.i.d. chain so i can put them on the fenders of the black beast (named my quad)..

msr carbon steel black atv high bend bars for shipped today, and i might be ordering my protaper pillow top atv grips tomorrow and my new throttle assy since i broke the mount from tighting it on my old bars way to much..

Old 03-12-2011, 01:45 AM   #5

well i got a solution to my choke lever problem..

found this on ebay for cheap and its new, figuring i can just the stock lever i have now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

and instead of going with pro taper pillow top grips. i spent a few bucks less and went with moose racing stealth grips, just need to order up some blister pads for them.. also ordered my new throttle control setup

Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #6

hey go pic of that fee flowing intake???

ps: sorry i was gone for so long i was buzy with my brother-inlaw in hockey.
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 03-14-2011, 07:25 PM   #7

i will be adding pictures once she is done and i can get her pushed out into the drive way for the first start up of the year