Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #16

Allen you dont happen to have a rear brake mastercyl? Think mine is bad...going to take it off and see if I can rebuild it...I think I can find a rear brake light switch locally.

Old 12-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #17

I believe I do. I can send the whole assembly.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:06 PM   #18

I dont know if the odometer is in miles or km's. Pretty sure its kilometers. If so about 100km/gal so far. Running on the 3rd tank now and have put 500km on the bike. Lots of rattles, still tracking down loose bits, seems like the 3 remaining turn signals make a lot of racket with their loose lenses. The rear brake caliper is missing a bushing so it rattles a lot too...soon I'll have my replacement rear brake MC so I'll have rear brakes too. What a day that will be.

Still playing with different head lights...tried some LED driving lights, no strain on the elec system but they dont project far EXCEPT that they light up street signs WAY further than they light up the ground. Then I tried a pair of little 55w driving lights but the pair is too much for the power generation...one light is good on power but they're cheap and they dont project a solid beam...

I think what I'm going to do is take all my experimental lights off and fabricate a light mount to let me use my 5" 55w off road light as the highbeam and my cheapo 55w as a low beam AND put one of my LED driving lights on the other circut that was in the head light...some sort of marker light. So I'll have a LED light on all the time and switch back and forth on the other lights. Local MC shop has replacement rear turn signals for $20/pr unless I find something else interesting.

AND my son and I took it out to some local jeep trails in a old phospate mine. Toughest trails in Fla. I really thought it would have enough gearing to climb but it may be that my son (80lb) and I (250lb) may have over loaded the bike a bit. BUT it did pretty good bald back tire and all. We did wind up splashing through some deep water. Finally did throw the chain off thanks to my worn out sprocket bushings and loose chain. Rolled the chain back on and drive it home. Good fun. But I forgot the camera so it doesnt count.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:09 PM   #19

AND my "friends" at work have labeled my bike the "Feng Shui" great name. If I cant be famous I'll take infamous.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #20

Thanks for the parts kato!! Almost wrecked it coming out of the garage...never had the rear brakes. It'll be a whole new ride to work. Was trying to adjust the chain tension but figured out its adjusted as far as it goes... guess thats next.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #21

Your welcome. Still have more parts.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:28 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxj
Thanks for the parts kato!! Almost wrecked it coming out of the garage...never had the rear brakes. It'll be a whole new ride to work. Was trying to adjust the chain tension but figured out its adjusted as far as it goes... guess thats next.
The usual answer is a new chain. The Chinbike answer is removing a link.... :roll:

Old 01-21-2011, 07:58 PM   #23

Been experiementing with lights...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The original head light was broken so I mounted a 55w offroad light behind the shroud BUT I cant aim it down enough...so I grabbed some shelf brackets and LED driving lights, tried them, then tried cheap 55w driving lights too...nothing is really working great...guess I'm going to have to fab my own headlight mount and loose the shroud entirely...

Good news is I've put about 1000k on my bike so far...fun to ride.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #24

ALSO...my local china bike shop has high proformance cam's for GY6 motors...same as mine? the tech there seems to know about Lifans and said it'd work great....hmmm...$85 on their shelf

Old 02-18-2011, 09:35 PM   #25

Got a new chain after fighting with my old worn out chain...WOW talk about an improvement!!!!! Its like a new bike. Also found out that my two main rattles were the bad kick start lever vibrating and my lic plate mount. Fixed that. Got 7800 km on it now.

Old 02-21-2011, 04:11 PM   #26

Sounds like you're having fun.

What kind / brand of chain did you install? BTW, a GY6 cam is not likely to work in your engine. A GY6 is a scooter engine, although they're often found in atv's and dune buggies.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 03-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #27

8800 km's on my bike now...think thats over 3000km since I bought it. Cranks up every morning and runs 55-65 mph with out complaint on my 15 mile commute. Next will be a new rear tire...been bald the whole time. Then a front tire too. I've got to fix the bottom motor mount too. Been great so far.