Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2015, 10:46 PM   #11

Finally got back over to the powersport shop today and got some jets. The shop I went to mainly sells quads, jet ski's, and Polaris side by sides. They said they don't normally stock jets and parts for the 30mm mikuni, but they allowed me to look through their whole box of spare parts. I spent the better part of an hour meticulously checking and sorting all the jets, lol. In the end, I couldn't find a 110 main and 25 slow as recommended. I ended up with a 105, 112.5, and 115 main, and a 30 slow for $12. I opted to start with the 115/30 combo with the pilot mixture screw 2 full turns out. Starting is markedly easier, and power has drastically increased. Top speed has fallen off by a few mph, but I'll happily trade that for the dramatic improvement in acceleration.

With the stock jetting, I had decent enough acceleration, and I managed to find a long enough straightaway to test my top speed. I managed to hit 62mph

The torque produced with the new jetting configuration is enough to slip the clutch a bit on hard shifts and nearly lift the front tire at WOT in 1st and 2nd, but I was only able to hit about 57mph on the top end. I suspect a sprocket change will have me in the mid 60's which is right where I want to be. I live off a 55mph road and I'd like to have a little room to escape if necessary. I will have to dive into some older threads and explore sprocket configurations. I remember reading quite a bit about it on here before, but can't seem to find those threads now.

I had previously replaced the broken front turn signals with LED units that worked great. I bought a set of 4, and today, I got around to pulling the luggage rack and rear end apart to replace the rear turn signals. The rears worked fine before, but I wanted to upgrade them to LED as well, when I hooked them up and tested them, I no longer have turn signals, but caution lights. Selecting either right or left with the switch makes all 4 of them blink now. I am certain that they are wired correctly, but I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the LEDs themelves, or if my switch just went bad.

That's about it for now, I still need to order my new headlight and mounting brackets, then I will have lots more wiring to clean up. After that, I plan to pick up the trail tech vapor and some softer tires, and I should have a great little commuter bike!

Be Dragonized!