Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

Zongshen ZS200GY-A

Just like the title says, I recently received a Zongshen ZS200GY-A from a friend who went into the Marines. Anyway, I have combed through a lot the the threads and topics here, even used the goold ol search feature and still am not finding a lot of information on this bike.. Does anyone have some knowledge on this bike they would be willing to share? Thanks guys.

Just got off the phone with zongshenamerica and they were no help at all, they think my bike is a 04 or 05, they didn't even bother looking up to see if they had parts, all they said is, I don't think we do... PITA this bike is becoming.

Old 07-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #2

Your bike is a standard hondoid chinabike. GY2 style. What parts are you in need of?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger
Your bike is a standard hondoid chinabike. GY2 style. What parts are you in need of?
Thank you for replying, sorry I was a bit frustrated earlier with not having any luck with parts, most of the bike is there, from what I can tell is missing is
headlight assembly and housing, battery housing and assembly, plastic on left side (other side is broken so better make it both) , taillight, turn signals, chain guard, and the speedo.. it seems like a lot but most of it seems very easy normal parts. Are any parts compatible with the GY2?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:08 AM   #4

I'm sorry to hear that Zongshen America could not help you with parts for your 200GY-A motorcycle; however, I am not surprised. :roll: I still wonder how your friend acquired this motorcycle. :?: I don't believe the 200GY-A was ever sold in the United States of America. I have seen the bike for sale in Australia, and other foreign countries, but never in the United States. :roll:
However, as Allen has stated, the 200GY-A is a honda clone (hondoid). Therefore, many generic, Chinese motorcycle parts should fit your bike.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehuntersam
Quote:
Thank you for replying, sorry I was a bit frustrated earlier with not having any luck with parts, most of the bike is there, from what I can tell is missing is
headlight assembly and housing, battery housing and assembly, plastic on left side (other side is broken so better make it both) , taillight, turn signals, chain guard, and the speedo.. it seems like a lot but most of it seems very easy normal parts. Are any parts compatible with the GY2?
You can purchase an aftermarket headlight assembly that is superior to the Chinese unit. I recommend the Baja Designs headlight; it is very rugged, and lights the road ahead very well. You also have a wide choice of good, inexpensive, aftermarket tail lights, and turn signals. Personally, I don't use the chain guard, but you should be able to employ a generic, Chinese version of this part; the speedometer also falls into this category of parts. Of course, you could also employ an inexpensive, wired, bicycle speedometer, or a more expensive, Trail Tech computer.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
I'm sorry to hear that Zongshen America could not help you with parts for your 200GY-A motorcycle; however, I am not surprised. :roll: I still wonder how your friend acquired this motorcycle. :?: I don't believe the 200GY-A was ever sold in the United States of America. I have seen the bike for sale in Australia, and other foreign countries, but never in the United States. :roll:
However, as Allen has stated, the 200GY-A is a honda clone (hondoid). Therefore, many generic, Chinese motorcycle parts should fit your bike.

Spud
I was kinda hoping they would have something but I guess not. I'm wondering the same thing as well, I will try to dig up some more info on the bike as well. Okay sounds good! It's not that I want all the same original parts, I will gladly use whatever parts I have to make it street legal.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can purchase an aftermarket headlight assembly that is superior to the Chinese unit. I recommend the Baja Designs headlight; it is very rugged, and lights the road ahead very well. You also have a wide choice of good, inexpensive, aftermarket tail lights, and turn signals. Personally, I don't use the chain guard, but you should be able to employ a generic, Chinese version of this part; the speedometer also falls into this category of parts. Of course, you could also employ an inexpensive, wired, bicycle speedometer, or a more expensive, Trail Tech computer.

Spud
I did find that thread and I did look at those AM headlights and I really liked some of them. It's good to hear that most parts I can just borrow off of other bikes will work. I really love the look of they GY-2's though, maybe I could make this into a project of putting the body of a GY-2 on the GY-A?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #8

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Spud
I did find that thread and I did look at those AM headlights and I really liked some of them. It's good to hear that most parts I can just borrow off of other bikes will work. I really love the look of they GY-2's though, maybe I could make this into a project of putting the body of a GY-2 on the GY-A?
I've done a lot of work trimming, painting, and modifying the plastic on my Zongshen 200GY-2, Sam. I sorry to report the plastic on the Zongshen 200GY-2 is not one of the bike's best features. :roll: Therefore, I would encourage you to experiment with generic, Chinese, GY plastic, or Honda plastic.

Spud

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220