Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #1

zstar 110 problems!!

hi,im a new zstar dealer and have been having problems with every zstar I sold!!! they are extremely hard to start and dont run well after they do .anyone have any tips to get them running fine without adding any parts?

Old 05-19-2011, 07:32 PM   #2

Hmmmmmmm...define "running bad". Do they crank and crank and crank and just barely start running? Do you have to hold the throttle wide open to keep them running?

Old 05-19-2011, 09:38 PM   #3

What have done in the setup process? I would replace the sparkplugs with NGKs. Just buy a few of them and do that as part of the intial PDI.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 AM   #4

ZSTAR DEALER

HELLO , I am a zstar dealer... PM me as to what is the problem.. thanks

Old 05-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #5

hi,I think I found the problem.for one the choke doent close completely and the gas lines are loose on the carb.I tie wraped the main line and they seem to be running much better.hopefully its only that.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:58 AM   #6

If you plan to sell these do you also plan to do the warranty work?

It may be a good idea to set them up with quality fuel line, sparkplugs, and good oil before sending them out the door. This may be a time/money/headache saver. It would mean an extra $10 a unit, but hopefully far less returns.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #7

new atv problems

I sell many right out the door ... they assemble... lots of stupid questions & problems... mostly from the smartys who think they know everything... most problems are batterys.. and they do not remember about the kill switch.. I include a HOW TO START ATV but most do not READ... when I put them together .. I install the new clear plastic fuel like... better cotter pins.. tie up all the lines & wires.. test the unit for charging & the battery charger that comes with them as well.. air pressure and all the bolts.. and adjust the chain. ready to ride unit... there is alot to do.... if you sell you have to do the warranty as well... ZSTAR is good abou the warranty... I sell about 180 unts ayear.. so far this year ... 75 atvs

Old 05-23-2011, 11:06 AM   #8

Sounds like you are already on top of things. Do the problems come from the user assembled units?

Maybe better english instructions for assembly and a preride improvement kit (NGK, fuel line, etc) sold with the quad.

Of course you can always send them here.

The one thing I don't like about these little quads is the over complicated wiring.

I don't need alarms and remote starts.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:33 PM   #9

to much wiring

I agree on the wiring mess on these 110's - I cant understand why a 110 would need headlights and tail lights? All this does is make for more connectors that dont connect.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax583
hi,I think I found the problem.for one the choke doent close completely and the gas lines are loose on the carb.I tie wraped the main line and they seem to be running much better.hopefully its only that.
I found this with our gio 110.....choke wasn't fully closing and we just remember to give it a little extra push and it goes the rest of the way

Old 05-23-2011, 02:33 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
Quote:
I found this with our gio 110.....choke wasn't fully closing and we just remember to give it a little extra push and it goes the rest of the way
Some lube in the choke cable might resolve that.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-23-2011, 07:26 PM   #12

the adjustement on the carb for the choke cable is not suitable for the cable.I finally decided to take a unit for my son to test ride...........4 hours riding yesterday and 6 today.start and stop multiple times and no problems.some people are just not ment for anything less then a car.......this being said im wondering if maybe a bit of bad 89 octane gas wouldnt be causing some problems.......the 89 isnt something that flys out the gas station very often............

Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifekrisiz
Quote:
Some lube in the choke cable might resolve that.
no cable on this one..it is a sticky problem right at the carb...one of these days when i get tired of doing it by hand i will fix it :roll:

Old 05-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #14

choke cable

try adjusting the cable so you will have it closing all the way.. it seems like you have a travel problem if you can push it a little farer by hand

Old 05-28-2011, 03:35 PM   #15

anyone know what type pilot jet fits the zstar 110 mini atv?I would like to go up one size to help with starting.also noticed that they run much better with regular gas over the super.