Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #1

UniFilter & CDI

Anyone have a second option for a filter to but on the mikuna carb???? Contacted 3 powersport dealers in the area and they all look at me like Im from another world when I ask if they have or deal wwith unifilters. Kimpex possibly? Again thank you all in advance.

CDI - just bought one.... havent a clue where it is located on the 2008 beast even. Any tips? trick? mods? i might need to know for installing it? thanks all

Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #2

Tell the dealers to check their "MOTOVAN" catalogue, it will be in there, all my local dealers order from there.

As for the CDI, you will probably mount it on the chassis on the left front side under the front fender, a few zipties will hold it in place, i found a nice spot on the bottom of the headlight plastic pc, i heated a slot screwdriver and melted a few holes to get the zipties thru and it sits nicely out of the way there, here's a pic.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 PM   #3

Re: UniFilter & CDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdfan30
Anyone have a second option for a filter to but on the mikuna carb???? Contacted 3 powersport dealers in the area and they all look at me like Im from another world when I ask if they have or deal wwith unifilters. Kimpex possibly? Again thank you all in advance.

CDI - just bought one.... havent a clue where it is located on the 2008 beast even. Any tips? trick? mods? i might need to know for installing it? thanks all
measure the size of the carb where the filter goes on,then go on the uni filter site and click on ''clamp on filters'' then choose the filter that you need..the dual stage ones are good.I just ordered one for my mini atv from my parts supplieer.the number was upXXXXXast.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotax583
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdfan30

measure the size of the carb where the filter goes on,then go on the uni filter site and click on ''clamp on filters'' then choose the filter that you need..the dual stage ones are good.I just ordered one for my mini atv from my parts supplieer.the number was upXXXXXast.
The part number was with all the X's or you just put them there because you couldn't remember the number?

The uni part # for the mini atv's would be valuable information here in the forums.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 AM   #5

beast uni number

UP4182AST

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
The uni part # for the mini atv's would be valuable information here in the forums.
T, if you could take a moment and tell us the OD of a mini atv carb throat, we could post the relevant Uni part number. Do you have calipers handy?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer