Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2010, 10:07 PM   #1

Mikuni carb for Gio T3 leaks!

Hey guys, been very busy at work and with the kids but I seem to have a problem with the "performance" mikuni carb I got from Gio. It went onto the 200cc T3 a while back. When I put it on it leaked out the bowl drain. I took the drain screw all the way out then put it back in and finally after several tries got it to stop draining the tank. Or so I though.
It can sit parked for days then drain the tank after I leave the shop. Not good leaving the can under the ATV every night just in case.

Anyone have some insight on these carbs and the possible problem I can fix myself? or do I need to bug Gio and get a new one!

Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 07-19-2010, 10:10 PM   #2

Are you 100% sure it's coming out of the drain tube everytime, could be some crap in the needle and seat causing it to come out of the overflow, i'd clean out the needle and seat and add a fuel shutoff valve so you can turn the fuel off when storing and trailering your T3.

EDIT, sorry the drain and overflow share the same tube, when you loosen the screw the fuel will flow out of the bottom of the fuel bowl, you will also notice if you pull the bowl it is also connected to the overflow at the top of the fuel bowl, check the needle and seat for crap, if not you may need to adjust the float level.