Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2010, 09:45 AM   #1

BEAST WONT START

so ive added my mods and everything was GREAT until i got stuck in some mud i was revving and trying to get out (nothing was submerged in water or anything) as i was pushing it out it stalled. when i got it out it wouldnt start? it was as if it flodde ? i finally got it goin long enough to get home but it was bogging and backfiring so i washed it up and let it sit (charger on) so i have a full charge, gas going to the carb and a spark but wont start? it tries but wont fire? this is increadibly frustrating because it was running amazing with these new mods and now nothing. ill drain the float bowl and try again next step is removing the carb any help is appreciated. I was hoping this is something simple i feel like im renching more than riding way more. thanks

Old 06-15-2010, 10:08 AM   #2

Check for spark first. You dont have to disconect anything but the plug wire. ( I'm lazy)

Old 06-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #3

I wonder if you hit the kill switch when getting it out of the mud, i never use mine but i've heard they can be troublesome, also get some dielectric grease and do every connector, that solved a starting problem on my son's quad when it would get wet.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #4

ok now apperently it works. my spark was intermitent but after fiiling with some wires it started? im a little nervous to go for a solo ride now. im obviously having a wiring issues i would like to by-pass all safety swiches as im the only rider on this quad now. aswell is it a good idea to improve wire guage as for the ground and power sourse wires. it this too much to ask of the battery or will it improve running and starting. oh yeah how do i by-pass kill and brake switches thanks i think the previous owner played with the wiring as some are spliced and disconnected but safety swiches all work so im not sure what he did and im afraid to play with it.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #5

thanks for the quick replys guys yeah waynev ive noticed my kill swich is becoming a problem sometimes i also try not to use it but id feel better if it was history alltogether. died again, it seemes to stall out as soon as i hit any water i played with the wires near the battery and it started again but couldnt rev up? im lost now i need a real fix or this things in the dump (10 min riding 2 hours pushing) please help me out no shop will even look at this thing. does gio have a wiring diagram?everytime it breaks it stalls then is very hard to start when i finally get it started it wont rev up or idle. my - battery terminal is corroded but not the +? fiddling with the connection near but not at the battery seems to be a quick fix but im lost?????

Old 06-16-2010, 12:56 AM   #6

WIRING DIAPHRAM

Hello , IF YOU HAVE A MANUAL.. it is on the last page.. but otherwise there is one posted on this site.. I do not know how to post it for you.. I hope you have changed the chain.. as otherwise.. it will do alot of damage when it comes off.. they are a very cheap chain.. this is the first thing you should do to this atv.. and then do the MUKINI carb upgrade .. and then shocks for a good ride.. after that the rev limiter if you are brave enought to go that fast.. please post your results.. it helps us all

Old 06-16-2010, 08:41 AM   #7

Re: WIRING DIAPHRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASHLIGHTBOY
I hope you have changed the chain.. as otherwise.. it will do alot of damage when it comes off.. they are a very cheap chain.. this is the first thing you should do to this atv.. and then do the MUKINI carb upgrade .. and then shocks for a good ride.. after that the rev limiter if you are brave enought to go that fast.. please post your results.. it helps us all
I'm not sure you have seen tye's other posts, he has changed the changed the chain and also added the mikuni carb, cdi, pipe and monster exhaust, and you are correct there is a beast wiring diagram somewhere on here already, if you can't find it it and want one tye let me know, i'll scan it and post it for you.

Old 06-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #8

yes i have changed the chain DID 428 STANDARD. it appears i also need swingarm bushings i saw w&g's post and ordered the same but there off a 93 80cc bike so the shop needs to order them in. Thanks waynev but i seem to have it running well again? i searched over every wire and only found one bad connection (fix that and dielectric greased everything else) and now im running well. I was really hoping to find an obvious short or disconnect but didnt so its hard to tell if ive really solved anything. Thinking and swearing all day yesterday led me to believe the cdi connection was the problem. 1-bad idle, 2-trouble starting,3-accceleration was stuck? all these symptoms... cdi?? anyways ive cleaned the harness and greased it all seems well but any input is greatly appreciated as pushing a 300lb beast home SUCKS thanks guys

Old 06-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYE
any input is greatly appreciated as pushing a 300lb beast home SUCKS thanks guys
Aren't you glad you got the T2 as a tow vehicle

Old 06-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #10

haha, yeah it went together great and runs well shes very happy. I only wish the beasts were available when i got mine. It was used so i dont know what the last guy did or didnt do also im trying to get gio to send me a new nvis so i can get plates.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:05 PM   #11

i have also found that my beast does not really like water or mud. however, i havnt really had any big problem just a lot of bogging after hittin some mud but it doesn't last very long. also after washing it it needs to sit for a while before i start it. but i deffinatly hvant had any big problems like you

Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #12

tye posting

Hello WAYNE, I did not see his post for the mods.. I am glad he is up & running.. years ago there was some waterproofing for the ignition systems that you sprayed on .. this made the ignition system almost waterproof.. really worked good.. does anyoen know if they still have this??/ CTC or OTHER PLACES.??

Old 06-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ripper
after washing it it needs to sit for a while before i start it.
My sons 50cc use to do that too til i added the dielectric grease to every connector.