Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2010, 11:28 AM   #1

Looking for a 110cc engine

Hey guys currently looking for a 110 to replace my neighbors 49cc mini. it was given to him as a not running project and i was helping with it when I found several broken teeth in the tranny case last night. they came of the right side internal drive gear. so i figure it's pretty knacked if they managed to break those teeth. sorry for the no caps but 1 year old is sleeping in my shift button arm lol

Old 05-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #2

At least you got one cap in.

Which country are you in? Gio has decent prices on 125 engines right now, but that's only in Canada.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #3

I'm in Ontario Smiths falls to be exact

Old 05-26-2010, 10:21 PM   #4

Would you consider one of these?

If so, there's one at auction right now: http://www.giobikes.com/Auction/9754...nual-4-Stroke/

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-26-2010, 10:36 PM   #5

here you go http://cgi.ebay.ca/110cc-Engine-CVT-...item20a7cc0a38
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #6

Do you need to keep the electric start function? I am not sure if a kick only engine will work in the ATVs.

Allen

Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #7

GIO ENGINES

These are for dirt bikes... they have a manual transmission.. the atv engines are around the $150-$200.00 price range.. as they have the automatic ( style ) transmision. I am a dealer for GIO if you want to get the atv engine shipped to you.. PM me .. ok.. thanks

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 AM   #8

Thanks guys for the input i had checked all of those sites. I was more hoping for a used one. I am trying to keep the cost down so his son can afford to pay for it. He wants his son to learn responsibility. I say get him the motor then teach him how to take care of it. Anywho I will let him know what the costs are going to be and go from there.
Interesting though is how much better built this little 50 is compared to my 110. It has real oil filled shocks on it. the bushings are all urethane with a bearing in them. Rear frame is so much beefier along with front end.

I will take pics of it maybe it's not a real Gio but something else Looks like the plate sticker say leefang or something.

Old 05-28-2010, 01:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceCombat
Thanks guys for the input i had checked all of those sites. I was more hoping for a used one. I am trying to keep the cost down so his son can afford to pay for it. He wants his son to learn responsibility. I say get him the motor then teach him how to take care of it. Anywho I will let him know what the costs are going to be and go from there.
Interesting though is how much better built this little 50 is compared to my 110. It has real oil filled shocks on it. the bushings are all urethane with a bearing in them. Rear frame is so much beefier along with front end.

I will take pics of it maybe it's not a real Gio but something else Looks like the plate sticker say leefang or something.
Oil filled shocks?! We need pictures of this unit. :P

Old 05-28-2010, 01:40 PM   #10

Keep watch on the local craigslist etc. You may find a nonrunning donar atv.

I have a 110 4spd e-start engine, but the cost of shipping would negate the deal.

Also check out www.dratv.com Not sure if they ship to Canada though.

Allen