Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2010, 09:01 PM   #1

round #1 (i won)

thanks for the help guys, so i put my racing wire in, new plug, oil, lock tite ang grease.Feels safer, but startings gone from 2/10 to 4/10 ,am i dead in the water with this stock carb? if so any dealers in the hammer (hamilton,ontario) next ,i want a cdi ,carb and exhaust (battery to, whenever it dies running) also are these tubed tires? if not can they be? any tips on part options is appreceated, honestly i was worried about china quads until i saw anthonyfa18's mods and the AMAZING members and info on this site. even with starting problems (kinda) super happy so far

Old 05-08-2010, 01:09 AM   #2

lol welcome and i am here to help ask me any thing i will try my best to help

what spark plug did u get ?? i am running ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9

do my gy6 carb mod, race coil, exhaust seen here http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=9128
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-08-2010, 01:42 AM   #3

Anthony's GY6 carb mod is a winner, but the Mikuni upgrade is easier. You can find them (and the GY6 carb) cheap at www.giobikes.com if you buy them in the auction. At the prices these things go for, it's worthwhile to buy both carbs at once and save some shipping.

I'm still running the stock carb and exhaust (haven't found the time to install my new parts yet). The Uni air filter and some jet changes improved mine a bunch.

I tubed my tires; they're way better now. They used to pop off of the rim.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #4

Hey tye, are you ever near the london area?, i still have all those parts, yeah i went a little auction happy for awhile, i do have a CDI, Mikuni carb, beast exhuast and monster muffler, for a battery i got one at canadian tire and relocated to the left rear, also the uni filter you can get at any bike shop.

Old 05-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Anthony's GY6 carb mod is a winner, but the Mikuni upgrade is easier. You can find them (and the GY6 carb) cheap at www.giobikes.com if you buy them in the auction. At the prices these things go for, it's worthwhile to buy both carbs at once and save some shipping.

I'm still running the stock carb and exhaust (haven't found the time to install my new parts yet). The Uni air filter and some jet changes improved mine a bunch.

I tubed my tires; they're way better now. They used to pop off of the rim.
get you gy6 carb off eBay it is cheaper the gio bikes here is a good one
http://shop.ebay.ca/?_from=R40&_trks...All-Categories

just make sure it it is stamp kf and is made in japan
YTX14-BS battery mod,gy6 carb 250cc,custom intake,125cc cf dirtbike muffler,MPR filter/intake,performance cdi,ngk iridium xi dpr8eix-9,performance coil pack and wire, pro taper handle bar, Gio air shocks, yam swing arm bus

Old 05-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #6

Are you sure it cheaper?, every 30mm carb is over $83 on that link you posted, you can get one from GIO for less than that.

Old 05-08-2010, 02:26 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynev
Are you sure it cheaper?, every 30mm carb is over $83 on that link you posted, you can get one from GIO for less than that.
and on gio http://www.giobikes.com/Intake-1/150...lectric-Choke/ 99.00$ plus shipping and tax

Old 05-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
Quote:
and on gio http://www.giobikes.com/Intake-1/150...lectric-Choke/ 99.00$ plus shipping and tax
Oh i see, but aren't those only 24mm carbs?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:22 PM   #9

Anthony, buy them at auction at the Gio site. They're much cheaper.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #10

WOW, this new coil and some carb tuning did well. My trails are all rocky and rough but this things fine. Ill tube the tires soon for sure, still wondering about carbs i like the auto choke but worried about install? oh yeah im aout an hour from london but let me know what parts you have and price maybe ill make the trip? i hate online orders

Old 05-08-2010, 07:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYE
WOW, this new coil and some carb tuning did well. My trails are all rocky and rough but this things fine. Ill tube the tires soon for sure, still wondering about carbs i like the auto choke but worried about install? oh yeah im aout an hour from london but let me know what parts you have and price maybe ill make the trip? i hate online orders
I'll gather up a list of what i have for you and PM you with the details.

Old 05-08-2010, 08:39 PM   #12

If the Monster Exhaust is still left after the shopping trip, I'll take it.
8O
Riding a blue plated HSUN 200GY (Otherwise know as a ULIKE 200GY, SUNL 200GY or a VIVA SX200S), a 2010 Gio Mini Hummer 110cc ATV, 2010 Gio T3 Rebel ATV, and a 2002 Kawasaki KLR650, 70cc Katera dirtbike, and a 49cc GIO dirtbike...so far!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:31 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainsquishy
If the Monster Exhaust is still left after the shopping trip, I'll take it.
8O
Seems like the monster exhaust is becoming popular again in the springtime.

Old 05-09-2010, 01:33 AM   #14

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyfa18
Quote:
Oh i see, but aren't those only 24mm carbs?
yess there are only 24mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Anthony, buy them at auction at the Gio site. They're much cheaper.
there is no action for gy6 carb's on gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYE
still wondering about carbs i like the auto choke but worried about install?
it takes 2 sec all u need is to add a positive and a negative on the harness

Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #15

If the stock carb is a 27mm and the GIO upgrade mikuni is a 30mm i can't see how a 24mm would improve the performance at all, it would actully detune the engine from stock, i guess the electric choke might help in the cold but a properly jetted 30mm carb starts just fine in the cold. Looking around at other forums i have seen that most GY6 carb users looking for more performance actually remove the electric choke as it sometimes sticks on which hurts performance even more.