Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Other Brands
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2010, 10:22 PM   #1

7 sleeps till I get my KLR...

Cant wait! Here are a couple of pics of it... If the deal falls through I will cry like a baby

Old 04-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #2

Sweetness! Bring it to the coast and ride it!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Sweetness! Bring it to the coast and ride it!
Actually, that is a trip I am planning seeing as I have never made it to the coast yet!

Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #4

Give us as much advance notice as possible, so we can plan some rides.

BC accepts Alberta money at par!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-08-2010, 12:29 AM   #5

Beautiful.

Love those bags. That seat looks less dished than the one I had on the last generation KLR but don't be surprised if you prefer the stocker.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Give us as much advance notice as possible, so we can plan some rides.

BC accepts Alberta money at par!
Except they add an extra 7% to everything :P

Old 04-08-2010, 12:54 AM   #7

Niiiiiiiiice.. Hope it all goes your way.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:19 AM   #8

I could probably flat foot with that seat though.

Very nice bike with alot of goodies.

Allen

Old 04-10-2010, 01:03 AM   #9

That bike is beautiful; it appears to be in mint condition! Please remind us of the details; what year is it, and how many miles are on the odometer?

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-10-2010, 01:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
That bike is beautiful; it appears to be in mint condition! Please remind us of the details; what year is it, and how many miles are on the odometer?

Spud
It does appear mint from the pictures... Still seems like a really lopsided trade to me so I hope it goes through without a hitch . It's a 2008 (hope it's not one of the oil burners!) with only 2400 km's on it... Works out to about 1500 miles. It has the Kawasaki KLR factory bags, Corbin seat, engine case guards with built in highway pegs, extended windshiled, and aluminum skid plate. He said the tires still have the "hairs" on them .

I believe he is also throwing in a gel seat and the stock seat... Bike has been lowered 1.5 inches, but can be brought back up to stock height if needed. He has a bike cover for it too, but I'm not sure if he is throwing that in, it probably fits other bikes so he might keep it. He has never had it off road and it has lived it's life in a heated shop... Pretty cushy life

He told me he has had a few bikes and a few of his buddies had KLR's and convinced him to buy one. His main concern though was even with the lowered suspension and the Corbin seat, he still cant flat foot it (hes 5'7"). So, he said he feels really uncomfortable on it on anything other than pavement... Plus he said his wife wont get on it with him because it's too tall. He said he saw my ad to trade for a KLR and liked the look of the Shadow, seems quite keen on it actually. So, I throw in $1200 and get the KLR... Too good to be true, I will actually believe it when it's parked in my garage and insured and registered in my name 8) .

Old 04-10-2010, 02:38 PM   #11

Seems like a great deal.

IIRC, Kawasaki will fix the oil consumption problem if it's not been done already and needed. I think it was a ring issue.

Sometimes even the Japanese have Q/C problems, it's not just us China Riders. 8O

Old 04-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #12

Indeed, it does sound like a nice deal. Please keep us posted; I certainly hope everything works out well!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 04-14-2010, 06:25 AM   #13

Bummer...

Durn, was supposed to be getting the new bike tonight... Unfortunately the previous owner still hasn't gotten the title cleared. He sent away the money order to the finance company late last Wednesday, but they still haven't recieved/processed it yet. I was going to take it anyway, but some wise family members warned me of the hazards so I phoned the fellow up and told him we had better wait till the papers are clear. Lol, don't you just hate waiting? He's going to give them a jingle this morning, if they have received and processed it he will still drop it off tonight, but I'm not holding my breath at this point. Patience Stew, patience!

Old 04-14-2010, 10:28 AM   #14

Hang in there. Make sure all is order before doing the deal. I am sure the other guy is just as anxious to get "his" new bike.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #15

Good plan Stew. I know of a fella in our neighbourhood who paid $25000 for a lease buyout SUV. It turns out that the seller hadn't purchased the SUV from the lease company, and had skipped town and stopped making payments. By the time the dust settled, the SUV was repossessed. Maybe the fella will have an opportunity to take it to court, but who needs the hassle? You're far better off to ensure that a vehicle has clear title before proceeding.