Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #1

Anyone ever seen one of these? "Sukida 250GY"

http://www.sukidacycle.com/Enhtml/product_122.html

ok, now apparently you can buy these for 599.00 US FOB the manufacturer. Looks like a pretty good deal to me LOL.

Now, how many friends can I get together to make up a container's worth LOL.

17hp and all that extra torque should get 65 or 70 mph no problem..soooo

Now, how many friends can I get together to make up a container's worth LOL.

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #2

$600 per unit?

If it sounds too good to be true......

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 05-07-2009, 11:50 AM   #3

That's FOB, lots of extra costs involved in shipping, customs, duties etc.,
but I'd sure like to hear from anyone who maybe has a buddy somewhere who's seen one of these. Apparently they are pretty widely distributed and the motor looks to be one of the std 230 cc ones.

Not a bad looking bike eh?

Seer
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 05-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #4

I'll take one if you can get the deal together,just sold my old dualsport and am missing it already, so see what you can find out

Old 05-07-2009, 12:52 PM   #5

Have they gone thru C.A.R.B. testing and DOT approval? That might add to the cost a bit.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #6

Don't know much about them which is why I'm hopeful some one on the board here from the rest of the world might have seen one or know something about them. I'll keep looking and keep you updated

Seer

Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #7

Make sure they are EPA certified--Customs won't let them into the country without it, and even if you were to get around that somehow and get them into the country, you risk having the bikes confiscated later on. Reputable Chinese companies post their current EPA certificates on their sites, or will email them to you, and I haven't looked through this company's site, but if they are certified for either the US or Europe they will put this somewhere near the model and have EPA and/or EEC posted. I didn't see that for this model, so use caution before sending money.

Old 05-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #8

If it were a 350-400cc bike it would interesting but a 250cc isnt enough of a step up to mess with for me.

Registering it for street use is a major concern to me.

I suppose a 250cc even if it wernt streetable could be used for parts to convert an old tired honda 200-250 dirtbike to street dualsport level but that can be done cheap enough as it is right now.

Oh well looks like I'm out.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #9

i wouldnt look to import a bike i would let a distributor make one or two hundred or whatever heres why, when i looked into selling bike i done a little research and ran across the epa site and looked at the fines they had given one of them was what sounded like a small bait shop who imported 30 generators without proper papers $100,000 plus destruction or return of the generators i also seen big fine for others over silly paperwork mistakes anyone who doesnt work for the epa would make i cant take risk like that. the other is each state is diffrent my state requires each brand or distributor be listed and have papers for a fee of under $100, i think, but thats just to make sure the company has insurance,bonds etc similar to a dealer, and the dealer has to list the distributor it a pain but its good for the final buyer and every state is diffrent way to much trouble and potential for me to be homeless, did i mention the epa can and will seize assets for fines, not me :!:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #10

Like I said, I don't know much about them other than i just came across the offer. I'm not asking anyone here to pitch in, but I am taking a look around to find out what these are and whether they are even worth investigating. Just thought I'd ask the forum and see if anyone has ever seen one. For all I know someone is already importing them perhaps under some other name. I'll let you know.

seer