Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #1

My 100CC Lifan won't start

I had to remove the handlebars in my Lifan GY 100and now it won't start. I checked the plug and it's wet. I sprayed it down with brake clean and that didn't do a thing. I just don't think I have any spark, but my spark tester is in my box at work. Any suggestios about what I might try!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #2

look at all solder spots on the controls mounted to the handlebars i had a problem with my lf110 i reccomend taking ALL the electrical connectors loose filling them with dielectric or litihum grease and plug them back and use a zip tie to hold them together and you have saved yourself more problems than you realize :wink:
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 04-10-2009, 04:58 PM   #3

It's still not starting. I have been playing around with it this aft and it actually fired up one time. Now it seems that it's over fuelling and drowning my plug. I'm really at a loss here. I'm a car mechanic not a bike mechanic. I started this whole ordeal when I went to replace a broken throttle control. Since that oint it's all gone sounth on me. Any ideas?

Old 04-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #4

we need to know if its getting fire to the plug but if it fired once and wont again my guess is a fouled plug

Old 04-10-2009, 07:17 PM   #5

I agree. What do I do to keep it from fouling? The mixture screw on the carb is about 1/4 turn out. Do I need to look for another coil and new plug? I had it up and running and I shut it off. Now it won't fire at all. This is getting to be frustrating. I have cleaned the carb and found that one jet had an obstruction. I cleand the orifices with a torch tip cleaner. Thats all I have done and now I can't seem to make it purr again. HELP!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #6

the factory plugs on most are a brand called torch they are so proud of them they dont have the brand on them go to a ngk or better a ngk IR once a plug gets wet its almost always forever gone i think youll be fine once you get the new plug and run it some

Old 04-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #7

What about the carb set? I bottomed out the mixture screw and turned it out 1/4 turn. Is this too lean or should I leave it be?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #8

Sounds a little lean; try 1.5 turns out to be safe.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-10-2009, 11:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by red85
I agree. What do I do to keep it from fouling? The mixture screw on the carb is about 1/4 turn out. Do I need to look for another coil and new plug? I had it up and running and I shut it off. Now it won't fire at all. This is getting to be frustrating. I have cleaned the carb and found that one jet had an obstruction. I cleand the orifices with a torch tip cleaner. Thats all I have done and now I can't seem to make it purr again. HELP!
You might just have rejetted your bike...not a biggie but now try to drop your needle a notch and give it another go with a new ngk plug.
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Sounds a little lean; try 1.5 turns out to be safe.
:idea: 8)

The kill switch is a place to look as well...it must be looped , not disconected, if your bike is also equipped with a keyswitch.
I have found the connections are light wire and poorly crimped.
With your bar removal project you might have pulled a connection apart without knowing...
'08 Yongjiang 150cc atv (Jinlong)

Old 04-11-2009, 02:07 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior91
Quote:
Originally Posted by red85
You might just have rejetted your bike...not a biggie but now try to drop your needle a notch and give it another go with a new ngk plug.
Got her up and running. Definitely running rich though. A new plug made all the difference. I definitely unwittingly rejetted it. Whoops. Rookie mistake. I ordered a new Mikuni for it today. $40 shipped. Good deal as far as I'm concerned.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #12

How do I go about dropping the needle a notch?
*EDIT* I got it figured out without a problem. It was very easy. I just unscrewed the top of the carb, removed the slide, removed the "hairpin" and pulled the needle. Then I removed the e-clip and moved it up 2 notches.

^the reason I wrote this out was so anyone who's never done this before would have a clue and not be scared to do it on their own.

The bike is running great now and I'm very proud that I was able to do it myself (with some good help from China Riders)

Thanks

Phil

Old 05-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #13

HELLO , did you move the clip up 2 notches because it was over fueling?? and now it is beter.. not over fueling... right??

Old 05-12-2009, 08:38 PM   #14

It made a difference, but I ended up swapping out the carb for a Mikuni 25mm. That carb really makes the bike run well.